Unmapped dirt trails in the Mok Fa waterfall area

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Unmapped dirt trails in the Mok Fa waterfall area

Mark had been doing some trail ride scouting in the area around the Mok Fa waterfall, just south of R 1095 that heads west to Pai & Mae Hong Son, yesterday he kindly took us up there to show us some of the new trails he had found.

P1070101.jpg

The area with these new trails in NNW of Chiang Mai near the Mok Fa waterfall, just south of R 1095.

dirts trails mok fa from cnx.jpg

Below is a zoomed area of the trails on the western side of the track loop.

Attachments

• mok fa trails zoom.jpg
    mok fa trails zoom.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 761
The clay was still a little wet and greasy, I had about 3 falls on some greasy clay hills that had green moss too, in a week or so they should be dried out just fine (Colin they will be perfect for that red KLX)

P1070104.jpg

P1070102.jpg

P1070103.jpg

There is a small shop in Ban Lak where you can get drinks and food, you should be able to get fuel there too.

Attachments

• shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 629
That looks good Phil and one to try out when its dried out as you know how much I hate having a dirty bike

Awesome, it's great to see that there are still new tracks to be discovered around town. Loads around Maejo that need to be mapped as well.

thanks for the pictures phil, although one of you crashed would reall have been appreciated more!
well done to khun mark for finding these trails and not keeping them a secret.. well done mate :DD

Stokes70 said:
thanks for the pictures phil, although one of you crashed would reall have been appreciated more!
well done to khun mark for finding these trails and not keeping them a secret.. well done mate :DD

Hopefully later today we'll have a few more. ( has Lek got that KXF ready? Johnny got a spare axle from Lek for the WR 450 - lucky find, he's now ready for tomorrow & i've lent the mad hatter a new rear 18 X 120 moto Z)

Want to go there this Friday, anyone interested?

Back
Top Bottom