Two Unmapped/Incomplete Singletracks Up Doi Suthep

AlexUSA

Bikes
XR280R, Dash 125 (supercup) , DT125
Who: AlexUSA, MastaMax
Bikes: 94 XR280R, Alu Frame WR250
When: December 10, 2011
GPS Tracks: View attachment 2011-12-10.rar

Both these trails are doable uphill and down though me and Maxime took them both uphill. Quite steep in places so try not to lose momentum. These should be added to the GPS map.

gpsmap.jpg

Coming up the first trail (incompletely mapped). I believe this may be called "Doi Kham" but not sure. EDIT - Not Doi Kham.
Photo0158.jpg

The top of the first trail just before coming out on the road.
Photo0160.jpg

Riding along a ridge on the second trail (comes from the waterfall on the backside of Doi Suthep near the Samoeng road up back to the Doi Suthep road). We found this trail by accident just playing around on the side of the main trail, looking for obstacles to practice on.
Photo0164.jpg

AlexUSA said:
I believe this may be called "Doi Kham" but not sure.

Or one may call it "Hell's gate" :)

Best day riding in a long time (ever?) those trails uphill are amazing, I would recommend being in a good shape and not beginner to have fun (we didn't get stuck once that helps).

Downhill we took the mountain bike trail down, which is great fun as well, it has man made jumps as well.

Alex, do you have a video of that uphill "picture0158"?

With it being that steep in the photo, i can't imagine how steep in the flesh, I wonder if AlexUK has done it on a mountain bike?

file.php

MastaMax said:
AlexUSA said:
I believe this may be called "Doi Kham" but not sure.

Or one may call it "Hell's gate" :)

Alex, do you have a video of that uphill "picture0158"?

I should correct myself. This is definitely not Doi Kham. Doi Kham is down by the Night Safari where me and Max were exploring yesterday (we found more new trails here that pop up all the way onto the Doi Suthep road - will post later).

Sorry, no video.

Alex -- I'll make Auke aware of the new tracks & he'll add them to the North Thailand Off-Road & Tarmac GPS map. I've overlaid your tracks on the map so we can see what the link up to, thanks for showing this.

Alex USA new tracks up DST.jpg

Back
Top Bottom