Sprocket and Chain Help

JantarMantar

Bikes
DRZ400_SM
Hi, I came to Thailand by road(+21.000km) from Turkey with my 2007 DRZ400_SM bike.

I am glad to be in Thailand and enjoying a lot. But time to change sprockets and chain. I searched a bit but couldnt find the JT dealer in Thailand.

I am in ko Phangan now and will be in Bangkok in 1-2 days. Then I will go Northwest thailand.

Where can I find my sprockets in Bangkok or any other places. Can anybody help??

Sprocket codes JTF432 (15 teeth) and JTR808 (41 teeth). And chain should be 520 O.ring/X.ring 110 links.

Thanks guys...

Strange, I think the sprokets are the lesser problem because JT is a Thai brand.

Problem is , nobody here have a Sprockt in stock that he don't know if he can sell it or not within 2 weeks.
For Thai Bikes its easy to find it , any other Bike a nightmare .

Even for a XR250 (and there are many in Thailand ) you can not find Sprockets (before the CRF 250 L was out ) .
I tried years ago every shop from Phuket to Bangkok for a 14T Front . absolut nada .
Order it in USA and get a JT "made in Thailand "

Problem is , nobody here have a Sprockt in stock that he don't know if he can sell it or not within 2 weeks.
For Thai Bikes its easy to find it , any other Bike a nightmare .

Even for a XR250 (and there are many in Thailand ) you can not find Sprockets (before the CRF 250 L was out ) .
I tried years ago every shop from Phuket to Bangkok for a 14T Front . absolut nada .
Order it in USA and get a JT "made in Thailand "

Maybe I have been lucky. I have bought sprockets for my DRZ at Road Machine in Pattaya in the past. The big problem I have had was to find out what the part number was for the back sprocket for the cush drive hub.

Got the same Problem with my XR400 Motard .
Depend on the cush drive hub the inner Sprocket diameter is only 120 mm .
For the Off Road XR's with 125 mm inner diameter i have so many but they don't fit.

It share the sproket with Bikes like XL250 and FTR but none of them available here. even JT still make them .

Thanks for replays, I will check links you shared. It is interesting because I knew JT is made by Thailand and I thought I will be in heaven for these kind of parts... :)

So basically, is there any street/center in Bangkok that I can go and check around by myself? Maybe shop by shop I can find something.

And unfortunately I dont have time to order from ebay and wait for it... :(

Thanks for replays, I will check links you shared. It is interesting because I knew JT is made by Thailand and I thought I will be in heaven for these kind of parts... :)

So basically, is there any street/center in Bangkok that I can go and check around by myself? Maybe shop by shop I can find something.

And unfortunately I dont have time to order from ebay and wait for it... :(

Bangkok is motorcycle hell. Horrible traffic jams. Corrupt cops on every corner waiting for a foreigner to extort money from. It is illegal to drive motorcycles on the motorways. Many bridges and overpasses are also illegal for motorcycles to drive on.

Bangkok is motorcycle hell. Horrible traffic jams. Corrupt cops on every corner waiting for a foreigner to extort money from. It is illegal to drive motorcycles on the motorways. Many bridges and overpasses are also illegal for motorcycles to drive on.

)))) Thanks for good and encourages info )))

But mostly every city has a center of motorcycle or car repair. Like electronic or phone center malls etc. Thats why I asked. ;)

)))) Thanks for good and encourages info )))

But mostly every city has a center of motorcycle or car repair. Like electronic or phone center malls etc. Thats why I asked. ;)

Understood but I have never heard of such a place in Bangkok, hopefuly somebody else knows. If you had an old scooter then China Town maybe.

Any luck contacting Red Baron or Dirt Shop?

Understood but I have never heard of such a place in Bangkok, hopefuly somebody else knows. If you had an old scooter then China Town maybe.

Any luck contacting Red Baron or Dirt Shop?

Right now I arrived Pattaya, I had to come here. So I'm planning to check Road Machine tomorrow morning.

I've sent mails to some BKK shops, only Dirt Shop turned and they said they dont have :/

I recently could not get correct size sprockets for my ducati anywhere in thailand although the chain was easy to get so i ordered the sprockets from WEMOTO uk and they arrived 5 days later in the post

Right now I arrived Pattaya, I had to come here. So I'm planning to check Road Machine tomorrow morning.

I've sent mails to some BKK shops, only Dirt Shop turned and they said they dont have :/

Welcome to Pattaya!

Road machine is here.

Another shop to check is Banglamungyont located here.

Actually I came to Pattaya because of Laem Chabang port. I need to find a container ship to ship my bike to Turkey back. But it seems difficult. I'll try to go port and ask to some companies. İf you know anybody who can help even a bit about shipping/port/companies etc. please let me know.

By this time I'll check the sprockets and shops. Thanks for coordinates.

İt seems I may need to order my sprockets also from usa when I arrive Turkey :/

Actually I came to Pattaya because of Laem Chabang port. I need to find a container ship to ship my bike to Turkey back. But it seems difficult. I'll try to go port and ask to some companies. İf you know anybody who can help even a bit about shipping/port/companies etc. please let me know.

By this time I'll check the sprockets and shops. Thanks for coordinates.

İt seems I may need to order my sprockets also from usa when I arrive Turkey :/

You have World Wide Shipping here. (N12.86118º E100.90773º)

Are you still stuck?

Nope, I'm in Bangkok now. But basically that man, just for ~600 bht, waited me from 10am to 8pm for sprockets and at the end sprockets came as 14-44 instead of 15-41. They were smiling but I can't say I found a "nice" people...

But anyway I got the most expensive "original" suzuki oil filter on the world which was a unique experience and learned that some people don't have any respect or willing to help to travellers even if we are trying to be nice against them.

If you are in Bangkok you can check Red Baron , they have a ton of second hand sprocket in the ware house .
You just need the 41 outside and inside small enough to modify it to your Hub diameter and Bold pattern .
I do this for Years to get rear sprockets for my XR in 36 T .
And i always see there some sprockets with a nearly solid center (60-80 mm Hole) plus 4 Bold holes there .
Any machine shop can modify this .

Nope, I'm in Bangkok now. But basically that man, just for ~600 bht, waited me from 10am to 8pm for sprockets and at the end sprockets came as 14-44 instead of 15-41. They were smiling but I can't say I found a "nice" people...

But anyway I got the most expensive "original" suzuki oil filter on the world which was a unique experience and learned that some people don't have any respect or willing to help to travellers even if we are trying to be nice against them.

Welcome to Thailand.

Couldn't you wait another day for the right size sprockets?

Back
Top Bottom