Sprockets for ducati urgently needed

monsterman

i have contacted every Ducat main dealer and independent in pattaya , chonburi and bangkok ,, NONE has any sprockets available at all ????

My bikes sprockets are shagged out ,, i have new RK chain ,, but without sprockets im buggered ,, when i ask about when they will be available Im told 6-8 weeks ??

These are standard service parts for many Ducati models 15,front , 42 OR 43 BACK , , any ideas I need them within next 7 days OR MY WHOLE HOLIDAY IS TOAST .

ITS AMAZING THAT NO SPARE PARTS ARE HELD LOCALLY BY DUCATI ?? EVEN THOUGH THEY MANUFACTURE HERE . main supplier of Sprockets for Ducati Factory in Amata nakorn and Bologna is Sunstar sprockets in Samut prakarn ....TIT

:LOL

If you cant find anything local, I reckon Sprocketcenter in the US would have them in stock. Thats where I bought my Superlite 15/42 and RK525 set from.
Getting them shipped here within your deadline could be a stretch unless they use DHL or Fedex...

Night rider I Already spoke to the chaps at that shop,, and i can get sprockets locally in Brighton UK from WEMOTO they have them in stock but fastest delivery to thailand would be 2=3 weeks ....and freight charge for FEDEX or DHL would be ridiculously expensive for a fast send and thats without factoring in Thai customs hassles ..which from previous experience is a lot .

Then if I was you I would ask at Road Machine on 3:rd road. They manufactured a sprocked for me once.

Checking some source for you, Monster 796 or 821?

In stock! But the 796 is 15-39 and the 821 is 15-46?!

Brake, my bike is an S4 916 monster with special gearing and S4r spec engine mods, uses 525 sprockets not 520 ,,,,,,,,standard was 15 37 but I use 15 42 as in standard it was useless for in town and could get to 260kph with 15 42 is is great in town and will still do 235kph which is more than enough in thailand

Good news
my daughter in UK who works for Wemoto has told me they can get the sprockets to me in 5-6 days ,using express intl parcel post , for £30 , so i am taking the chance JT 525 15 front and 42 rear including postage is £61.35 no VAT as its export saves me a few £

The same sprockets if in stock here would be more from what I have been quoted up to 4500 baht lets hope they arrive next week and get through customs OK ????

MONSTERMAN

So hardly a standard item?? Maybe that's why no one stocks these sprockets.....

Good luck with shipping them from the U.K., suggest NOT to use any courier like DHL or Fedex as they are notorious for tax issues in Thailand.

Brake .....those sprockets are standard items on monster 400, 600, 620 ,695 and some 750 models as well as ST2 ST3 and ST4 and are commonly used here on many short track ducati race bikes and are usually availaable in Bangkok from Chicane or dirt shop and ducati thonglor its amazing no one has any stock at the moment
15 sprocket is standard to almost evry ducati model ever made

the parts arrived from Wemoto on Monday but as i was away in laos i picked them up today no import duty either ..

Going into ducati pattaya its amazing to see bikes parked out back waiting for simple service items that they should have in stock,,
also my Thai friend Chai has had his 2013 monster 795 bike fixed there 3 times for a faulty starter motor and they fitted USED parts and charged him for NEW ones total cost so far he has been ripped off for 59k baht and the fault was actually a dud 200 baht relay which i found for him today ,, he is fuming , and is now planning to sue them ,,, he is a lawyer so should be interesting .

Back
Top Bottom