Chaing Mai Trip

Rudeboy

Bikes
Yamaha Raptor 700se Quad, Suzuki DRZ400sm
Hey folks, looking like I'll be popping up to chaing mai for a few days to pick up my new ( to me) bike, likely to be coming around end of August start of September so just after a few recommendations really..

Firstly I'll be driving up in the truck, initially it was just going to be me and the gf for a flying visit just to collect the bike but after talking with her it seems it's turned into a family affair, so me, gf, sprog and grandparents now, so will probably just take the quickest/easiest route from Sakon Nakhon any info on this appreciated, will probably do this in one hit, leave early morning for arriving evening sometime!

Also any recommendations on places to to stay for possibly up to a week but may only be a few days, have to be kid friendly, one very curious and boistrous 4 year old that can be a little bugger at times,
some things to do and see, or should I say things for gf and family to do and see as I've already told her that once I pick up the new bike then I'll be out an about on the bike most of my time there so I'll keep an eye on the forum for any upcoming rides around the time I'll be there,

Return ride back to Sakon nahkon, I'll be leaving the gf or her dad to drive the truck back and I'll be returning back on the bike so any recommended routes, I may make this over 2 days so anywhere you guys would recommend visiting and bedding down for the night on route,

Any info appreciated folks as this will be my first time in chaing mai, so hopefully meet up and go for a ride with some forum members while I'm there..

Thanks

Rudi

Fastest way to Ciangmai is to head west on the 22 from Sakhon Nakhon to Udon Thani, then the 210 to Loei, head west along the 203 and the 2013 to Dan Sai, the 2013 to Nakhon Thai, 1143 to Chat Trakan and on to Ban Phae where you head north along the 1246 and in Ban Saen Khan head west on the 1214 till you reach Highway 11. Here head north to Den Chai, and then take the 101 and 11 to Lampang and the 11 to Chiangmai. Total distance about 800 Km. This is the shortest/fastest, all good roads but probably not with the best views.

For the return when you have more time I would suggest a more northerly route via Phrae, Nam Pat and then along the border and the Mekong.

Here is a suggestion for the slower way back for a large part along the Mekong from Chiangmai to Sakhon Nakhon. This is just the .jpg file but I can send you the route for the GPS if required. By the way, the route shown is about 1000 Km. These are roads with quite a lot of bends and corners so should be fun on a bike.

There are other options as well but, as I don't know what you prefer (bends and corners or fast and furious) so I'll leave that for the moment.

Attachments

• The slow way.jpg
    The slow way.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 249
Back
Top Bottom