Poking around the Mae Sariang border

Take r 1194 will be no probs Dave just a few muddy sections.

I reckon you could even get to Ta Ta Fon from Mae Sam Laep in a Vigo easy enough. A couple of river crossings involved too.

OK thanks for the replies, I figured it would be ok but didn't want to end up stuck in the mud with my boy giving me the "daft old f**ker" look. Maybe give the old ute a bit of what it was made to do though. Carefully. :)

Well done on doing it this time of year and interesting to see the bamboo fences that werent there back in dec 2009 when I rode it.

I recognise some of the crossings but obviously a lot more water on your trip than mine, its good to know accommodation can be found in both Tha Ta Fang and Mae Sam Laep.

Compare how easy my trip was compared to yours, apart from my choice of bike to do it on, sadly I had no GPS back then to compare tracks but I am guessing we took pretty much the same route
DSC03433.jpg

Is this the ledge you fell off Phil?

Heres my trip from dec 2009 Mae Sariang – Tha Ta Fang / Burmese Border, An Offroad Adventure » Captain Slash | Captain Slash

Yep that's where I fell down Colin, I think around 3 meters straight down.

Well done on doing it this time of year and interesting to see the bamboo fences that werent there back in dec 2009 when I rode it.

I recognise some of the crossings but obviously a lot more water on your trip than mine, its good to know accommodation can be found in both Tha Ta Fang and Mae Sam Laep.

Compare how easy my trip was compared to yours, apart from my choice of bike to do it on, sadly I had no GPS back then to compare tracks but I am guessing we took pretty much the same route
DSC03433.jpg

Is this the ledge you fell off Phil?

Heres my trip from dec 2009 Mae Sariang – Tha Ta Fang / Burmese Border, An Offroad Adventure » Captain Slash | Captain Slash

The map of That-a-Fang below

Shows Pichets house where he can arrange some sleeping accommodation for you, location:

N18.07482

E97.69191

& if you just want to get a boat, which can take you somewhere up the river to explore, the boats are at location:

N18.07840

E97.68975

That-a-Fang (north of Mae Sam Laep on the Salaween river)

that a fang map.jpg

I reckon you could even get to Ta Ta Fon from Mae Sam Laep in a Vigo easy enough. A couple of river crossings involved too.

There are nearly no rivercrossings anymore on this beautiful track. Just a very few lttle streams. But the view takes your breath away.
Very nice tour, boys. I never did it in the rainseason, respect!

Well done guys; tremendous viewing.

Interested in how the CRF coped with the going.
Noticed Ian was doing something to the rear wheel beside the river.

By the sounds of it much better than the "ready to race" KTM's!!! :lol:

A tip of the Hat for Slash doing it on a Phantom originally. Huge respect!!!!!

Fantastic photos !!! What kind of crazy people do jungle rides in rainy season ????????????

Matt & I were both on KTM 300 EXC-E 2 stroke bikes. We BOTH had to change rear wheel bearings after this trip which involved many deep rivers crossings, would be good insurance to change them after you've done something like this if you're about to do an extended trip, I think Johnny was changing his as well for safety.

Back
Top Bottom