Garmin Thailand maps for PC

PoweredByNinja

Bikes
Kawasaki Ninja 250
Hello all,
I'm new here - this is my first post.
I have a recently-purchased Garmin GPS Map 76CSx. I also purchased the City Navigator NT Southeast Asia micro sd card for this device. However, I haven't found a way to get the map to show up on my pc in Mapsource. Others have told me that I must purchase yet another map of Thailand for use on the pc, such as third-party maps.
Is this correct, or am I just missing something for transfering the map info from the sd card to my pc? If I must purchase additional map software for Thailand, are there any suggestions?
BTW, I confess to being less than fully computer literate.
Thanks for your help!

You can use tools to make it importable..

Or you can I think use basecamp and view it while the GPS is connected to the computer.

The map is sold on an SD card for use on a GPS and to prevent you to put it in Mapsource and/or BaseCamp. As LivinLOS siad, there are tools available to get around that. Look at http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/304-GARMIN-MAPSOURCE-AND-RELATED-INFORMATION on how to do that.

You can also hook the GPS with the map up to the computer and use BaseCamp to see the map on the computer as BaseCamp will read the map information from the GPS and show it on the computer (it can not save the map to the computer).

In case you are running into problems with this just PM me.

Welcome to RideAsia PoweredByNinja, glad you came along and whats more are keen to get your head around GPS.

Hey guys, what would you say to having an 'Anal' type chat face to face around a table, bringing your laptop, gps device & wires etc and sharing some basics on this subject.

I don't want to suggest it be repeatable or even monthly at this stage but feel sure there are a few guys out there that would welcome the opportunity to pick brains, get to the bottom of issues and maybe enable some shy ones to grasp the subject as newbies ;)

Ally

Thing is, the stuff I do with the maps, is probably the last thing Phil wants shared around the table !!

You mean ... no.... I cringe.... oh matron!

Ally

Back
Top Bottom