Open Street Maps available for Garmin

BigEnso

Bikes
2023 Honda Wave 125i
With the loss of Nightrider's valuable OSM maps for SE Asia, I was looking around for a replacement. Earlier this month, I found it. OpenMapsChest.org uses the same OSM dataset that Nightrider used and it updates every week. The weekly updates include a .img file for the Garmin SD card and a gmap file for use with Basecamp. I've tried them on my Zumo XT, Zumo 396, and Basecamp on my iMac and all have worked just fine.

David

Good find
I too were using the Nightrider builds, in fact I am still using the last one before the site went down and no one seems to know anything about him

Wayne

Good find
I too were using the Nightrider builds, in fact I am still using the last one before the site went down and no one seems to know anything about him

Wayne
Yes, I was using the last Nightrider maps as well. I do wish I knew what happened to him or at least who he is. He did a great service for the SE Asia riding community.

As for the OpenMapChest maps, the updates for SE Asia are usually ready every Wednesday. He essentially does maps for the whole world. He starts the scripts on Friday/Saturday and they run sequentially. SE Asia is towards the end of the run.

David

Back
Top Bottom