Ban Huak border market (on the border with Laos)

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Ban Huak Market auke.JPG[/attachment:294chw7i]

Colin has this in one of his reports, i'll try and locate it.

ban huak border market.jpg

Map: Green Triangle Mapper

ban hual market zoom.jpg

ban huak Border Market GE .JPG

Attachments

• Ban Huak Market  auke.JPG
    Ban Huak Market auke.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 571
Was in the neigbor hood today for something else and had a quick look. The weather was not good - rain, thunder and lightning from time to time but otherwise it was fun although I found the number of shoppers quite low (probably because of the weather and a lot of farmer families probably are busy transplanting rice at the moment).

Just a few snapshots here:

GEDC1124d.jpg

It is not a big market - just along the road to the market and the market area itself.

GEDC1119d.jpg

Lots of things for sale although clothing was by far the most important item followed by food, DVD's and CD's with tribal music, agricultural stuff, etc.

GEDC1115d.jpg

GEDC1116d.jpg

Not sure what this was - did not look yummy but there was quite a bit of interest in it every time I passed this stall

GEDC1122d.jpg

GEDC1126d.jpg

A road sign for the market - held at the 10th and the 30th of each month and a picture of the local border crossing to Laos about 2 km away. The picture of the market show much more the hustle and bustle of the market in better times

GEDC1087d.jpg

The local border crossing

GEDC1085d.jpg

Looking into no-mans land between the Thai and Lao border posts

GEDC1088d.jpg

Local transport can cross the Thai border post to bring passengers to the Lao Border Post but are not allowed to pick up passengers at the Lao Border post

Better wait till the dry season and the harvest is in - probably many more people than I encountered this morning and more things for sale.

Back
Top Bottom