where can I leave my bike for a couple of months...

mrcolonel50

Hello,
Big hello from İstanbul-Turkey and sorry if this is not the right place for my question..
My brother and his wife are currently in Thailand and heading to Malaysia after the big trip in west and south asia..They have to make a break,park the bike in SE.asia and fly back to Turkey for a couple of months...Is it possible to leave the bike in a country, fly home without the bike,come back a few months later, take the bike and continue the trip..So could you please recommend where its possible and easy to leave the bike for a while..
Thanks in advance and wish you all happy,safe and lucky trips...

Hello,
Big hello from İstanbul-Turkey and sorry if this is not the right place for my question..
My brother and his wife are currently in Thailand and heading to Malaysia after the big trip in west and south asia..They have to make a break,park the bike in SE.asia and fly back to Turkey for a couple of months...Is it possible to leave the bike in a country, fly home without the bike,come back a few months later, take the bike and continue the trip..So could you please recommend where its possible and easy to leave the bike for a while..
Thanks in advance and wish you all happy,safe and lucky trips...

Hi there, i think this is the perfect place to post your question.

I am sure you will draw some answers shortly.

Ally

Mr C

If only 2 months with the bike on temporary import, you could leave the bike in the in Thailand. Over the 1 month temporary import that Thai Customs will grant you, there is a 100 Bht a day fine, maximum 2,000 Bht up to 6 months, do NOT go over 6 months, many complications if you do this.

The other alternative would be to leave the bike in Cambodia although entry into Cambodia with a foreign reg. bike has become a bit hit and miss over the last year, there is a small chance you get refused entry at some international border crossings. Customs is a bit of a mess, most of the time you can enter Cambodia with just a visit to immigration to get your visa on arrival.

Good luck, let us know what you do.

Currently in malaysia and have met marvellous biker friends here so decided to stay some more...Thailand is visa free for 30 days for Turkish citizens and Malaysia for 90 days.Also direct and cheap flight available from here to İstanbul..Friends are searching for the possibilities here..At the end will write here how it is done for the following bikers with the same targets..All the best.

There is an english guy Nick that runs Junglecross, biketours in Cambodia, just over the border from Trat, at Koh Kong, who can store your bike for as long as you want.

I can PM you details if you want

NEEDED...RECOMMENDED SHIPPING AGENT IN BANGKOK...

For personal reasons,its decided to ship the bike back to istanbul from Bangkok...Your recommendations for a shipping agent to seafreight the bike to İstanbul is highly appreciated...
If possible,fb. con. requested..Disabled to new tech.phones!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/mehmet.avar.12
All the best.

This messsage is to sincerely thank to all friends who helped us here and on the road..Unfortunately roads end here for us because of China passing problems..
Decided to ship back to İstanbul...Wish you all safe,happy,lucky and healthy trips..

Back
Top Bottom