Whats With Having To Show ID Everywhere

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
Today I went to AIS at Chiang Mai Festival to sort out this G2 problem, they agreed to exchange my old phone for a new G3 one for free but needed my passport again to do this despite seeing it before when I registered the number.

Next stop was to Honda Big Wing in Ratchadamnoen road to buy a front brake lever and oil filter for my 500F, here they asked for my passport again.

At this rate you will soon need to show it before being allowed to buy a bottle of water in the 7-11

Re: Whats With Haviong To Show ID Everywhere

Ha, well, Thailand is a police state but the Honda shop one is new. However a few years ago I would have fought hard against the introduction of compulsory ID cards in the UK, now I would exchange a bit of 'freedom' for more security.

It's just you Slash, being dodgy looking and all...

On most occasions I've found showing a Thai riders/drivers licence satisfies the person asking for ID.

i bet that in the Honda shop if you said i dont carry ID they would still be happy to take your money ,,,TIT greed always wins out ...:LOL

I had to show my PP when I wanted to deposit cash in my own bank account!

I tried to tell them that if anybody wants to make a deposit in my account, no PP is required, but they didn't listen.

Back
Top Bottom