Thailand roads

W

wuming

Hello all. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with motorbikes on Thai roads. I heard somewhere that bikes are not allowed on the motorways. Is that the case? Even for 660cc bikes? Many thanks.

No motorcycles are allowed on toll roads (roads with blue sign exits).

Hello all. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with motorbikes on Thai roads. I heard somewhere that bikes are not allowed on the motorways. Is that the case? Even for 660cc bikes? Many thanks.

Like Phil said, it only goes for motorways which are toll roads. The good news is that there are only a few motorways and they are only around Bangkok.

Also, some bigger roads have signs saying that motorbikes have to stay to the left, the slower lane.

It is same for all size bikes. Thai law makers think a S1000 will hold up traffic on the motorways, unlike the under-powered stinking diesel trucks seen struggling with the hills roads around Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom