Motorcycles, Sex and Bob's Your Uncle - Thailand Rider's Corner and Ulysses

DrGMIA

Pit stop after 6th ride around the world, in USA,
Bikes
Oldest 1931, newest 2016, numerous makes and models in between on several continents
RA 1.jpg

Above, a lively and entertaining dialog took place at a Ulysses Club confab in The Rider's Corner Bar and Restaurant, Chiang Mai, Thailand, ringing in the New Year with secrets behind two newly released and rare publications:

THE GASOLINE TRAMP - first motorcyclist to ride around the world www.bit.ly/45RE7aY
Gasoline Tramp  small.jpg

..................................and MOTORCYCLE SEX (with Sigmund Freud) www.amzn.to/3TbHDue
MS Cover Small.jpg

When polled if an avid motorcyclist at the gathering could see or feel a direct correlation between motorcycles, adventure and sex, one member shook his head, and said, "I like both, but can't see 'em together."

His Aussie pal lowered his third glass of beer and laughed, saying, "It's easy Mate! Motorbike, sex and Bob's your uncle."

[SECRETS: Both books were brought back to life in 2023 through the abilities of Paul H Smith, Sr. Editor of ADVMOTO magazine (USA). MOTORCYCLE SEX and FREUD... was a best seller in the 1990's, and has been significantly revised and updated, including colorized. THE GASOLINE TRAMP was first published in Thailand, but the publisher was forced out of business by Amazon. Now both are digitally available on Amazon. As both books were originally print publications, a global team of moto-journalists and publishers insisted that both be digitalized (and not simply scanned) and made available in the big digital world in what they described as "Historical motorcycle publications."]

In the below photograph are three avid adventure motorcyclists enjoying the insider stories and discussions of Freudian corroborations: Mrs. Sylvia Yang (a.k.a. The Versys Girl), Franki Yang (a.k.a. The Versys Boy and Mr. Adventure China) and this wandering purveyor of words and images recounting unpublished and unrecorded tales well out of school, having ridden motorcycles six times around the world thus collecting a few.
RA 2.jpg

For another look at the confab and recounting: www.bit.ly/48Evdzu

Regards,

Dr. G
Professor of Motorcycle Adventure, SOUND RIDER magazine, and Adventure Motorcycle University
Moto-Journalist, author, script consultant, and general motorcycle wastrel
Sole sexual survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

Last edited:
I have vague recollections of the gathering of the group

For those who have foggy/warped/alcohol clouded memories from their evening with their clothes on at Rider's Corner, within the text of the book backside cover below there might be some stimulating cranial triggers, but then again, if too far gone that evening or normally not receptive to external stimulants, possibly not.

MS back small.jpg

Dr. G
Professor of Motorcycle Adventure, SOUND RIDER magazine, and Adventure Motorcycle University
Moto-Journalist, author, script consultant, and general motorcycle wastrel
Sole sexual survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

Gawd, that brings back distant memories of when I was the first year student representative on the liaison committee for the School of Behavioural Science at Macquarie University.... fifty years ago. I was lucky enough to escape their clutches and went on to major in economics and politics... followed by business administration and other corporate bullshit-related pieces of paper. My most recent dissertations on the failures in quasi-military recruitment and the cost of sexual violence in society are somewhat closing the circle though.

Dr. G,

It was nice to chat with you and the gang at the old watering hole of CNX. May we have many more years of travel tale telling together.

Cheers,

Franki aka Versys boy

Back
Top Bottom