Samoeng Loop, keld's first ride on a Triumph Street Triple

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Looked like a day without squalls, once Keld finally got up, we headed for the Samoeng Loop

Here's his first ride on a (my) Triumph Street Triple 675 - He even has commentary which makes it really interesting.

[video=youtube_share;oOXNAmhjD6Y]http://youtu.be/oOXNAmhjD6Y[/video]

No rain, great day out (almost did the loop twice)

samoeng loop keld.jpg

Map of the 94km of the Samoeng Loop below

samoeng loop map.jpg

Thanks to Phil for letting me try his bike.
My commentary sucks, but hope it will get better in the future.
I do plan to "test/try" a lot of different bikes in the future and document it, but now it's off to a months or so of work.

Can`t beat the sound of a triple.

Even the 3cyl tuk tuks on Phuket with a sporty exhaust use to make me turn my head to see what it was.

Thanks for taking me along for the ride Keld.
Your chuckling and laughing pretty well says it all!
Lovely clip.

Keld probably rides the "Samoeng Loop" as much as anyone. What he does, which gets the most fun out of the loop. Basically ride the Samoeng Loop clockwise to the Mae Sa Elephant Camp area, have a coffee and ride back the same way. East of the Mae Sa Elephant Camp, the road is straight, boring and village traffic & then you have to deal with the Mae Rim nightmare traffic getting back into Chiang Mai.

Riding the loop this way is 121km (v's 94km through Mae Rim) & twice the fun.

10848036835_1bfd988c7c_b.jpg

Ah hell, the ride in traffic through Mae Rim is the exciting part... weaving in and out of the trucks, busses, vans and cars gets the blood pumping. I do the clock-wise route all the time, but head west from the little village of Samoeng. Lots to explore out there and it's great in strawberry season in February and early March.
Hwy_1349.jpg
Ian_with_bike_2_001.jpg

Met Vancouver Man tonight in an establishmentet in CNX, not sure he knew who I was LOL

I tried this version of the loop today & yes I like it much better too!
Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom