Road condition, Tak, Mae Sariang, Pai, CM

disting

Bikes
Multistrada 2013 Touring S
Hi
Am after some info on the road conditions going on the 105 from Mae Sot up through Mae Sariang and then on the 108 on the Mae Hong Song loop through MHS, Pai an onto CM.
Is it good road all the way or are there any unmade sections I guess the 105 may have some bad spots.
Thanks in advance.

I was over it 3 times last January and February. It is a good road all the way, but you ALWAYS have to watch out for washouts and gravel on corners. Much of the road is straight between Mae Sariang and Mae Hong Son, but a lot of it was built on clay soil. Any flooding rain can wash out sections. Going north from Mae Hong Son, towards Pai, the road climbs steeply over a few scenic mountain passes, with lots of sharp, hair-pin turns and corners. Very often there is rough, broken pavement on those tight corners and you have to be especially aware if you are on a bike, and especially so going down hill. It's also cool in the mountains in the morning, so be sure to have a warm jacket. A friend didn't believe me and he almost froze.

Hi
Am after some info on the road conditions going on the 105 from Mae Sot up through Mae Sariang and then on the 108 on the Mae Hong Song loop through MHS, Pai an onto CM.
Is it good road all the way or are there any unmade sections I guess the 105 may have some bad spots.
Thanks in advance.

This trip report may help. Parts of the 105 are pretty bad but nothing that a Multistrada wont be able to handle.

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...805-my-mae-hong-son-loop-kinda.html#post29468

Thanks for the info Vancouver man. I know how chilly it can get up Chiang Mai way, especially in December. Will pack me woolies. May have to see how the handlebar heaters work...

Loop, were the unmade sections being worked on or just left unmade.

^ i believe that was work in progress from reading the report?

Back
Top Bottom