Doi Pukha Loop road condition, any updates?

FrankT

Bikes
ER-6F, Triumph Street Triple R, KLX
I will be in Nan this coming weekend and plan to do the Doi Pukha loop but I am wondering what the road condition is, has anybody been riding there recently? it concerns roads 1256, 1081, 1169.
Pleased to hear, tnks.

Frank- Auke was in the Nan region a few weeks back, ill see if he has any info.

FrankT said:
I will be in Nan this coming weekend and plan to do the Doi Pukha loop but I am wondering what the road condition is, has anybody been riding there recently? it concerns roads 1256, 1081, 1169.
Pleased to hear, tnks.

Haven't been in that area for some time but I assume that the roads are OK. However, things can change quickly with heavy rain but haven't heard anything about road slides, etc.

They were all in good condition on my last trip there in march

Thanks Guys, wiill provide an update next week myself after having been there, cheers.

Someone i know from another forum went through there last weekend in his car and said this..

"Took road 1080 for 60 kms to a small town called Pua.From the office we decided to go deeper into the park so drove another 90 ks up and down the hills going through Bor Kluea and Santi Suk
From there drove 30 ks up into the hills through the park.
There had been a few land slides and they were doing some road work,the road was bad in a few place very deep mud if you were on a bike,but only for short stretches.No other vehicles other than the road crews.Worked our way out of the hills all on back roads right back to Nan
"

I think the landslides mentioned may be part of the ongoing works there.

Ok so we went there last Saturday 2nd June and this is what it looks like, from Pua up the 1256 to the view point at the top is fine but then going down at the other end towards Bo Klua is now a real challenge as there are various sections under repair.
We had to go through soft red earth/clay deep enough to scrape the paint off the belly pan of my Triumph Street Triple, the stuff also cakes to your tires and brake callipers hence the handling becomes really tricky.
I can not recommend this stretch at the moment unless you are on a dirt bike or maybe a Versys with dual purpose tires.

Thanks for the current report on the road Frank, very useful at this time of year!

r 1256 Nan.jpg

FrankT said:
Ok so we went there last Saturday 2nd June and this is what it looks like, from Pua up the 1256 to the view point at the top is fine but then going down at the other end towards Bo Klua is now a real challenge as there are various sections under repair.
We had to go through soft red earth/clay deep enough to scrape the paint off the belly pan of my Triumph Street Triple, the stuff also cakes to your tires and brake callipers hence the handling becomes really tricky.
I can not recommend this stretch at the moment unless you are on a dirt bike or maybe a Versys with dual purpose tires.

Hi, I'm newbie here. I will be there on the begin of next month (Aug) . Any there update ? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom