Renewing A Thai Driving Licence

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
It seems that some people are having to do a test to renew their licence while others like myself only had to watch a video, who knows how this works but I managed to get it renewed for another 5 years and its an ASEAN one now too

Me, too, a couple of years back, but for a car/van, had to sit through the video show. So, just in case, best to bring a magazine along with you, just in case....

BTW, a "proof of address" might be required. Possible to get this from your local Thai Immigration office or your embassy (at a large cost for the latter). Explaining that you're still at the address on your old driving license doesn't seem to cut it for some reason. However, the Yellow Tambien Ban works fine, and the gal at the LTD even asked if she could use that number on the license rather than my passport number, which changes every 10 years.

Mac

Must be different depending on which office you go to. I re-newed mine last month. Gave them copies of my yellow book, passport and current visa and both old licences. Then only had to do the colour light test and 30 minutes later I had 5 year licences for both car and motorbike

In July I had to watch the silly video to get a new 5 year.

Back
Top Bottom