rear shock rebuild

esspressolungo

Bikes
Honda XR 250
After fitting a 12 kg Eibach spring on my mono shock, it was time to rebuild the shock, I gave it away and some shop in Chiang Mai, did the work, after getting the bike back I was a very happy man, wow it felt like a new suspension, now after riding a 80km off-road it is getting softer again, it is still o.k but already much softer then in the very beginning. Is this normal?????

Any input about this would be highly appreciated. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Any details of the shop location that did the rebuild Rudi?

Hopefully your "softer" shock feel wasn`t from too much Xmas pudding? :)

Oh...and it sounds like your gas may leaked out again.Check the damper rod,it may be pitted or scored and damaged the seal again.
Best way is to run a fingernail along it and see if there`s even the slightest irregularity on it as it doesn`t take much riding to chew through the seal again.

That`s what happened to one of mine here in CM.They didn`t have smaller motorcycle damper rods so didn`t change it but luckily after the gas leaked out again they were able to find a bigger damper rod from a car unit and fit it and recharge the shock again for free.

or maybe it wasnt bled properly so air got in the oil
if the gas leaked out you can pump it up with air in the meantime. iirc 140psi.

or maybe it wasnt bled properly so air got in the oil
if the gas leaked out you can pump it up with air in the meantime. iirc 140psi.

Yes, thanks guys 140 psi is what the manual says too, I will have to check with the fingernail as Lew stated. Lew I send you a message about the location.

Back
Top Bottom