Post your Asian bridge & water crossing photo's here

Nam Siam bamboo bridge
bamboo-bridge-very-shakey.jpg

Road 1-D washout from rainy season

Bridge-out.jpg

Nam Pouy Motorcycle bridge 48 meters
Pay the kid holding the string across the track 5000 kip and you will stay dry by avoiding the ford to the EastNam-Pouy-wood-bridge.jpg

KTMphil said:
R 18A between Pakse & Attapeu in south Laos

[attachment=0:36c0s8bg]don my drz across river.jpg[/attachment:36c0s8bg]
Photo: Don Duvall

I could not get across this one, no help..had to turn back....hard day..

Washed out Bridges along the Smugglers Trail in the Cardamom Mountains, Cambodia with Harrythefinn.

Several meter drop on each side. Notice the first board only wide enough for the tire!
PC121110-1.jpg

It takes 2 people to get the bikes across these. One in the front and one in the back. Could of used a third person to take action photos.
PC121109-1.jpg

Had to balance on the bamboo on the sides. After we got across the ground started to give way and the bamboo fell into the hole.
PC121107.jpg

We were lucky on this crossing that there were still 2 logs intact but they were in the shape of a V, 1 foot apart at the far end and 3 feet apart at the other. We had to pull the broken logs out of the hole and cut bamboo to fill in the end so we could pass.
PC121108.jpg

These 3 large logs you can easily walk your bike across or ride.
PC121112.jpg

Harry accessing the situation. We did not go across this one, the board was rotten through. We ended up detouring through the jungle down a 6 foot straight drop and up the hill on the other side. Sorry no pics, too intense.
PC121106-1.jpg

Houay Champi, Champasak Laos.I took a close look at this bridge and decided not to give it a try with my XR400+gear.
However this chinese scooter. loaded with rice sacks takes it slow and carefull, traverse.
Houay-Champi.jpg

Jim -- im hearing you had some fun with the KTM 950 ADV over there in the Cambodian mountains.

DSCF0959.jpg

Don- that looks like a nasty bridge, wise not to test!

ok phil, its not west of VTE, its on the ponsavan-pakxan rd nr Thasi, 50km n of pakxan just north of where we joined the road in May with Steve, N18 53 18.6 E103 45 42.7

Yes, this the Nam Xan crossing near Ban Pakngong. They are building a new bridge there but the bridge is still far from finished. Mac and me crossed the river a bit further to the northeast in May this year but we were pulled over by a logging truck. At the time time you could not cross anymore next to the bridge.

Earlier this year I crossed right next to the bridge but the river was quite high as the water came close to flowing over the engine hood of my truck - bit scary. At present the crossing next to the bridge is accessible and big trucks as well as pick-up truck go through the river but bikes need to take the boat as the water is still quite deep.

DSCF0894.jpg

A rickety looking old bridge in the distance
DSCF0895.jpg

On the 4001 in Nan Province
DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0897.jpg

I venture onto it for some photos but dont walk far in case it collapses

"The Bra"
Nam Xesou

Area of intense conflict during the Vietnam war, antiaircraft guns and Vietnamese "bin tram 37" were in this area known as "Target Hotel 9"
all-abord.jpg

xesou-canoe.jpg

xexou-river.jpg
Seeing ghosts???
the-bra.jpg

DSCF1037.jpg

I see a suspension bridge and spot a motorbike riding across
DSCF1038.jpg

DSCF1039.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

I will wait for the traffic to clear then I will cross
DSCF1042.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1044.jpg

It was a stable enough crossing, I ride it both ways then ride on along the 1336

Back
Top Bottom