Oudomxai to Khua

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Day 4 Oudomxai to Khua

106 km 3 hrs 40 mins

Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 14.27.49.jpg

GpxViewer

Well after a bloody awful nights sleep (would have been better sleeping on the floor) damn those beds are hard. I made my way to the Kanya for some nice coffee and a nice breakfast.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59a1.jpg

Today's ride was a nice easy tarmac ride to Khua, its been five years since i was last there and i recall the road was pretty damn perfect by Laos standards so it was to be an interesting ride.

A stop at the gas station i notice this little homemade ATV, complete with home entertainment system.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59a5.jpg
Once clear of town there was the usual trash dump being sifted through by the locals for little gem's.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59ad.jpg

The road to Khua is now a mixed bag, still a great road but so many broken sections to spoil your rhythm if on a sports bike but no problem for my trusty KLX.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59a9.jpg

Ladies carrying bags of water melon's

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59b1.jpg

The Nam Ou river is always great to see and many picture opportunities.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59bd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59b5.jpg

Bus full of trouble heading to the local market

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59c3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59c9.jpg

The lady on the right caught me taking a picture and was quickly upon me demanding money, when i declined she quickly whipped off her silver bracket and tryied to sell me that, i am sure if i stayed around long enough the young girl with her would have been up for grabs

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59d1.jpg

Parked up at the local market and tried to grab a few decent pictures, it was a real melting pot of different hill tribes

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a01.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a05.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59d5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59e3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59f9.jpg

Guess they have no TV in this family

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59d9.jpg

Pushing on i came to this new suspension bridge on the other side i could see tracks leading North and South but nothing on any GPS map i had (for next time)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a0d.jpg

Well constructed bamboo bridge

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a19.jpg

Arrived in Khua and rode down to the boat landing, nice floating potion to enable motorcycle loading now in place.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a1d.jpg

Decided to give the Sennaly Hotel a miss as i notice two new single storied GH's on the way into town

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2d.jpg

One of the longest suspension bridges i have ever seen in Laos

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a35.jpg

New bridge in place to Vietnam

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a45.jpg

Stopped at the Sansabay GH clean rooms 60K Kip and since i arrived pretty early the landlady kindly helped me wash out my now sweet smelling hammock gear.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a3d.jpg

I rewarded myself with a few beers while looking over the river at the Sayfon restaurant in between being interrogated by various passing backpackers.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a39.jpg

A late night in the local Karaoke was in order, unaware that the next morning my GPS was having PMT !!!!

Attachments

• Day 4 Oudomxai to Khua.GPX
    605.5 KB · Views: 297
Back
Top Bottom