Obstructions on the trails up Doi Suthep mountain

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Obstructions on the trails up Doi Suthep mountain

Chris Bright, who's a moderator on the Horizons Unlimited website (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com), has been in north Thailand doing some trail riding on one of Joe's Honda XR250's, has kindly given me some of his tracks from the last week.

He was poking around up Doi Suthep pretty good in some remote places and mapped where he came across some obstructions on low traffic single track. I'll give these to Auke & he'll add them to the north Thailand map.

Thanks Chris - Was great to meet you.

chris bright dst tracks.jpg

Heres some more comments for the area
6585936877_286cd81c70_z.jpg

Z1 The start just below the top temple is very steep and there is a ditch, I think it is impossible but for walkers.
Z2 There is ametal barrier here at the entrance in the 700 year stadium by the guard hut, and further up at the barrier I was not allowed through by the lake.
Z3 That Mok Waterfall- this is so overgrown, again I think its walking only
Z4 A wat down here and I wasnt allowed through last time I tried, maybe just a monk having a bad day.
Z5 The track with the several fallen trees=last time I looked there was a metal barrier and a fallen tree at the start. Trees do fall around all over the place, and it just takes longer to clear on the remoter tracks, especially where there are less riders due to the "no bikes" signs in the areas, or less farmer's pickups due to metal barriers. Anyway, not a fun track in the wet season

Lots more tracks in the area,some very steep,I hope to do some soon

alexuk said:
Lots more tracks in the area,some very steep,I hope to do some soon

Friday. We'll have to pick which ones to do. Most are steep but far from impossible.

It's too bad about Z5. It's a convenient South-North cut through. The metal barrier is pretty easy to drag a bike under but you'll get tired of tossing your bike over trees after the 4th or 5th one. Stubbornness got the better of me a on a rainy day a few months ago when I decided I had to get all the way through.

Photo0049.jpg

Z1 - Me and MastaMax checked this out recently and is a walking trail only behind a big trash heap...and we're usually happy to struggle through some ridiculous trail. Honestly might want to take it off the North Thailand map unless people are actually riding this.

Good info. Been meaning to check out around Z4 also.

Back
Top Bottom