Trails to the Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
A quick blast to check the KTM 2-stroker was in good order for the next exploring trip & found myself penetrating the Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens from the backside, never done this before. There were a few big stares at the bright orange bike as it made its way passed the botanical garden tourists, admiring the foliage.

banan 1.jpg

Starting at the Huay Thong Tao reservoir, you take the usual trail from the north of the lake, that then heads west up the mountain. Then after about 15km, take the trail to the north.

qsbg to htt.jpg

There was quite a bit of un-mapped trail data in there (botanical gardens), i went up the ones around me as i went through, some looked very interesting. The staff didn't look too happy about a trail bike being in there, even on the made trails, so it was time to get out.

qs bot gardens zoom.jpg

Riding weather right now is perfect, cool and great viz. Today's ride was about 110km a real joy

qs bot gardens map track.jpg

Wheres the next exploring trip going to be Phil?

North of Tha Tha Fang off east of the Salaween river....although LR thinks its not a trail and just a river.....

It's a river bed with a single track going along it. We did this 4 years ago - took a boat to Mae Sakoep and rode back to Mae Sariang. Some years (e.g. 3 years ago) it can't be done as the river bank has collapsed and you can't get up the bank. The army guys in Mae Sam Laep will know what the current status is. Great ride.

It's a river bed with a single track going along it. We did this 4 years ago - took a boat to Mae Sakoep and rode back to Mae Sariang. Some years (e.g. 3 years ago) it can't be done as the river bank has collapsed and you can't get up the bank. The army guys in Mae Sam Laep will know what the current status is. Great ride.

One more north of your one Wolf ( Matt showed me the trail you're referring to)

18 deg 20 min north.jpg

Back
Top Bottom