New Streamlined 2013 Ducati Hypermotard Lineup Revealed

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
2013-ducati-hypermotard-2.jpg

The 2013 model lineup of the Ducati Hypermotard has received some drastic changes his season, which were revealed at the 2012 EICMA Show in Milan, Italy a day ahead of the official opening of the show to the public, as Ducati always does. The changes are not just in terms of design and engine but the model lineup itself, which is now includes just three trims. 2013 Hypermotard, Hypermotard SP and a touring specific model, Hyperstrada.

The new Hypermotard is now powered by a single variant of the Testastretta 11° DS v-twin engine, a 821cc liquid-cooled unit, replacing the earlier 796cc and 1100cc engines. The new 821cc engine is capable of delivering a max power output of 110 hp and 65.8 lbs-ft of torque at 7,750 rpm. Ducati claims a wet weight of 427.7 pounds and 436.5 pounds for the regular and the SP trim variants respectively.

Ducati has incorporated several new features in the new Hypermotard that have derived straight from the Panigale Superbike. This includes the wheels and the tyres. The base model sports ten-spoke alloy wheels similar to the Panigale, while the SP trim gets lighter triple three-spoke forged Marchesini wheels, also seen on the Panigale S.

2013 Hypermotard is now also equipped with electronic ride control with different riding modes. The base model provides Sport, Touring and Urban riding modes. Sports mode providing an output of 108 hp at 9250 rpm, touring mode delivering 110 hp at 9250 rpm with a power curve optimized for long rides and Urban mode, restricting the power to 74 hp at 9250 rpm for better power optimization at low riding speeds. Hypermotard SP on the other hand comes with Race mode, with 108 hp, Sport mode, with 108 hp and Wet mode, with 75 hp.

The new Hypermotard sports a taller frame with the base model measuring 34.2 inches and SP measuring 35 inches. The handle bars are placed further away and higher and the footpegs are repositioned, to give the rider a “commanding riding position.” Also, the dual under seat cans from the earlier model has been replaced with single sided exhaust system.

The base model are provided with non-adjustable 43mm diameter Kayaba upside-down forks with a vertical movement of 170mm and a Sachs rear shock with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload, with 150 mm travel. The SP model gets fully adjustable, 50mm Marzocchi forks with 185mm movement and Ohlins monoshock with 175mm travel.

2013 Hypermotard base model is priced at $11,995 and the Hypermotard SP at $14,695.

2013-ducati-hypermotard-1.jpg

2013-ducati-hypermotard-5.jpg

2013 Hyperstrada: Ducati’s New Hypermotard Touring Model

2013-ducati-hyperstrada-1.jpg

Meet the all new 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, a bike that is a cross between the 2013 Hypermotard and the Multistrada 1200. This is the same bike that many suspected to be a mid-range, 800cc Multistrada model when it was revealed through various spy shots earlier. Turns out the Hyperstrada is the third model of the 2013 Hypermotard lineup, dedicated for touring purposes. Ducati revealed the new model along with its other 2013 model year lineup at the 2012 EICMA in Milan, Italy yesterday.

The new Hyperstrada is basically the same as the 2013 Hypermotard. Power comes from the same 821cc, Testastretta 11° DS v-twin liquid cooled engine delivering 110hp, with the same design features and Ducati Safety Package ,consisting of ABS & traction control. What differs is the addition of the touring package that makes the Hyperstrada more suitable for long distance travel.

The additional features come in the form of side mounted, quick-detach, dual 50 liter saddlebags, an optional 31 liter top case, touring wind guard, center stand, longer mudguards, larger more comfortable touring seats with at a height of 33.5 inches, engine sump guard, two 12v auxiliary outlets for powering sat navs and heated grips and taller handlebars measuring 20 mm more than the Hypermotard for a more comfortable long ride.

The Hyperstrada also gets three riding modes, the same as the Hypermotard base model. Sport mode with 108 hp, Touring mode with 108 hp and Urban mode with 74 hp. The suspension system is also the same as the base model Hypermotard. 43mm Kayaba upside-down forks with 150mm movement and Sachs monoshock with 150mm of travel and adjustable spring preload. Brakes are radial-mount Brembo four-piston monobloc calipers, again like the Hypermotard. At 449.7 pounds the Hyperstrada is heavier than Hypermotard.

2013 Ducati Hyperstrada is available in the colour choices of Ducati Red and Arctic White with gray trellis frame for a price of $13,295 in the U.S.

Yeah that white / red one, which I assume is the SP from the forks..

Well.. thats purdy !!!

Water cooled.. 110 ish HP on the high power mapping, loads of ducati trick electronics, ABS and traction.. Larger sounding cockpit.. All in all, thats one hell of a nice package. 12k USD MSRP (sob)..

All will be made in thailand not italy engine is 820cc 4v wet clutch and its cable operated not hydraulic rumoured price in thailand to be 499,000 baht according to Ducati pattaya but thats not confirmed , My mate fredo has ordered one already

Thanks for this info, all other plans for my next bike are now being taken up for revision.

Yeah at 500 that's tempting..

Goddammit, what happened Ducati???

All the new bikes, including the Hypermotard have import prices, with the Hyper starting at 800k.

F***!!!!!

Ducati Models Price list

I've heard some rumors about upheaval at the Thai factory - so most likely this means these aren't made in Thailand. Even the Diavel Strada.... 1.9M??

The only positive is now there's ABS on the Monster 795 for 30k more.

945k baht verses 13,295 USD...

Hmmmm.. ok.

& the domestically, assembled, Monster 795 is just 400,000 Bht, doesn't make any sense.

Goddammit, what happened Ducati???

All the new bikes, including the Hypermotard have import prices, with the Hyper starting at 800k.

F***!!!!!

Ducati Models Price list

I've heard some rumors about upheaval at the Thai factory - so most likely this means these aren't made in Thailand. Even the Diavel Strada.... 1.9M??

The only positive is now there's ABS on the Monster 795 for 30k more.

Well there is some sense to the taxation add on in the pricing.. I wonder who buys the 796 instead of the 795 ??

But really.. How much tax do they claim to be paying.. 13,295 to 945k baht !!

And how Nickie Hayden does it..

530893_10151118310197186_569715081_n.jpg

Another thing about these is that they'll probably be made in Thailand in the next couple of years. Woo hoo resale value.

according to ducati the new bikes 820cc are made in Thailand???? does not make sense at all???????Tony at Pattya Ducati was originally told the new 820cc Hyper would be around 500-550k???

Not sure its the ideal Laos machine... Your 500 EXC idea probably comes closer.. But its a hell of a package for northern thailand... Hoonable, flickable, yet tourable..

Really this or the 690 SMCR are the two top machines personally as far as desire for this terrain go. I really cant see any need for more power.

The fact the 828 is kicking out the same hp as the 1100 air cooled one was.. Thats pretty mad.

Funny.. I just went to the link Thai price lists.. And theres no prices listed..

I am sure they were up before.. Hence my griping above.

Wonder why they were removed ??

hopefully when these come out the second hand prices of the air cooled 1100 evo hyper will drop enough to grab one.I love that 1100 air cooled motor

Back
Top Bottom