2013 Beta 2 stroke bikes

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
After their great results in hard enduro with the 4 stroke bikes (thanks to Cody Webb) the Italian brand Beta is coming with 250 and 300 2 stroke bikes:

Hi, I hoped to do a testride a the Endurodeo Funweekend in Wesendorf, where was the possibility to test the new 2013 models of Suzuki, GasGas and Beta. But the 2-Stroke Betas are delate, not available before mid december. The one I was sitting on at the ISDE at the Sachsenring was just prepared for this event, not a serial model. It´s a great bike with the good suspension (no PDS) of the Beta RR serie. Light and strong with a good torque. I´ve made a few testrides with the 350 4 stroke, a very good bike. It is really amanzing how many ( very very many) Beta RR you see in Germany at the Enduros. No PDS is for the most riders the mainreason for a RR. But infact for me as a trailrider, my favourite Beta bike is still the Alp 4T with the legendary engine of the Suzuki DR 350. Undestroyable, easy maintenance, good torque from low RPM, everywhere cheap thousands of second hands and tuning parts and a real trailbike with light handling and reliable for a worldtour. OK, 140kg (full tank) is off course not a competion bike, but it doesn´t want to be one.

Here you find a german test from october 2012 with Honda-CRF 250L, KTM Freeride 350, Beta Alp 4T and the Yamaha WR 250. Sounds good. Which is your favourite?
Endurovergleich - Geländebikes von Beta, Honda, Yamaha und KTM - Motorradtests - MOTORRAD online

Thanks for the link. Between the bikes in the test, the clear winner would be the KTM Freeride, but it's also the winner of the most expensive bike by far. The WR250R and Honda CRF-L are probably very similar bikes.

I really love the looks of those beta bikes and was very interested in the 350 RR and 350 RR Factory but am a bit afraid on how to get parts and a mechanic to work on it.

For me Japanese bikes are the way to go in Thailand, not because they are better, but because they are easy to maintain and parts are all in stock.

Back
Top Bottom