New Africa Twin CRF?

"With a Manufacturer’s List Price of $15,499 for Standard, $16,999 for ABS and $17,999 for ABS-DCT models, your next adventure is not far away."

Sure, who hasn't 16 to 18 grand lying around and has time for an adventure?

Well I don't, and I won't, so I have to putter around the countryside with the small CRF which may be even more adventurous! :)

Yes but you get a special plaque to hang on the wall with all the other ones if you are a Ducati owner

Another Japanese video of the bike:

[video=youtube_share;wMmShk1lJ9M]http://youtu.be/wMmShk1lJ9M[/video]

Honda's final expose of the new Africa Twin, have to say they are really pushing out the boat on this one, the video is awesome, lets hope the real deal lives up to the hype.

stunning shots indeed....although I d buy a 'dakar' version 450-650cc any minute :giving: who needs 1000cc off road_?

I was yesterday at Bigwing Phuket and ask when they get the african twin and the sales guy there say that the company that run all the Bigwing shops
will not import the CRF1000L .

Wow that's bad news..although in CM they told me was probably at Motor expo in Bkk(?) and on sale within few months with a price lower of Vstrom 1000 (competition with it was probably the all point to make it 1000....)
Well, who knows ,will see for now i enjoy the CRF300adv i put together.. Quiet happy!not need for 1000cc

Me too , was hopeing for 650-800 cc max and 35kg less .

I got my new cylinder /Piston Kit yesterday and by the end of next week i am back on my CRF350L .

Was drinking with a Swiss rider in Chiang Mai on Saturday who told me he's put a deposit down on the DCT model here already.

The Swiss guy is a friend of mine and was told the target sale price is 480.000 THB and should take delivery in early 2016 !

A brand new 1000cc bike with DCT for 480,000 baht - not bad!

But I agree - a 650/800cc bike with less weight would be more tempting!

Why are the cylinders colored differently from the crank case?

And what's up with that round HONDA badge?!

Honda's final expose of the new Africa Twin, have to say they are really pushing out the boat on this one, the video is awesome, lets hope the real deal lives up to the hype.

Did you notice that the red bike has some plumbing on the right side of the engine which the white one doesn't have?

The Swiss guy is a friend of mine and was told the target sale price is 480.000 THB and should take delivery in early 2016 !

No way.standard ,no DCT List $15500+import tax(?) .. 480000B Thats around $13500 ..he will get a surprise when/if still wants it in 2016...V strom1000 is 698000bht realistically is something around that figure,.maybe a little lower as CM dealer referred when i also was thinking to put down a deposit....

Yes I DID SAY "target " sale price what the real landed price will be only time will tell and I will keep this posted updated with the price when I have further information but I am dam sure Honda will target the price to be cheaper then the BMW F800 ?

... but I am dam sure Honda will target the price to be cheaper then the BMW F800 ?

I'm sure Honda will 'target' the price to be cheaper than the F800GS too Steve, but that's made in Thailand so is now very competitively priced. Is there any news on where the Honda will be assembled? If it's NOT Thailand, they will be hard pushed to get close to the local BMW prices.

Yes I DID SAY "target " sale price what the real landed price will be only time will tell and I will keep this posted updated with the price when I have further information but I am dam sure Honda will target the price to be cheaper then the BMW F800 ?

let's make a bet! Your Valentino purse (you had at the Nan ride..) if you win and have 2 can make luxury camel bags :bliss:
there is competition but motorcycles are still a biz...... If Honda slash the market that way ,that is news of the century

I'm sure Honda will 'target' the price to be cheaper than the F800GS too Steve, but that's made in Thailand so is now very competitively priced. Is there any news on where the Honda will be assembled? If it's NOT Thailand, they will be hard pushed to get close to the local BMW prices.

good theory Craig... :sipping Any solid reasons why it should be $2000 cheaper than the listing price ?? Even if assembled in TH ..(which I doubt like most other honda 'big bikes' aren't)

936_003.jpg

let's make a bet! Your Valentino purse (you had at the Nan ride..) if you win and have 2 can make luxury camel bags :bliss:
there is competition but motorcycles are still a biz...... If Honda slash the market that way ,that is news of the century

sorry Valentino purse was sold at a auction the other month

Not bad, Very reasonable!
Prince u owe me a Valentino purse! :kat

love your new signature Phil.. So true not enough blood and usually the lower gets the most! 555

Right, I mentioned it because it is somewhat comparablewhen it comes to pricing.

They both have the DCT but the NC is a 750cc twin while the new Africa Twin is a 1000, so I'd say more than 500K is not cheap.

I know that these bikes are very different, I just used the NC as a rule of thumb.

I think the NC is a competitively priced imported bike in Thailand (some how), seeing that it costs the equivalent of 370,000 in the UK.

I think the NC is a competitively priced imported bike in Thailand (some how), seeing that it costs the equivalent of 370,000 in the UK.

Sure, but is mostly a touring bike, AT is 1000cc and more off rd oriented.better suspensions,spoke rims (all to be proved yet).. Also put in the bill lots more engineering, testing, planning etc.. Was that at least 2 years ago since rumors ,spy shots teasers?

Honda Big Wing Chiang Mai yesterday, indicating the price will be over 500,000 Bht

Did he say anything about availability? Last month the manager told me a demo bike in November, deliveries in January.

And of course the key is how much over 500,000. He told me "around" 600,000. Hope it's closer to what he told you!

So often when I asked any managers they had no idea even though there was information available on the web.

By now I believe that if they say anything it's something you'd want to hear! :)

Just in case you thought the NC750X wasn't already a good value option, here's a travel package to Laos worth 30,000THB for the first 60 customers at the new Nakhon Sawan Honda BigWing!

12143280_693856090714968_2971840382201611859_n.jpg

Seems like none of us got the same info twice, regardless of dealer location..just hold on tight guys .is coming

Saw this on FB today (https://www.facebook.com/CRFTHAILANDdotCOM/) along with photos of the CRF1000L at the current Motor Expo in Bangkok,

ยังได้ให้ข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมว่า ทางฮอนด้าจะเปิดให้จองในงานมอเตอร์ไบค์เฟสฯ ที่ CTW ปลายเดือนมกราฯ 59 ด้วยครับ

which is telling us there is additional information from Honda that they will begin to take orders for this model at the Central World Motorbike Festival at the end of January next year.

Real life picture for size perspective of the new 1,000cc Africa Twin, doesnt give the impression of being too big and bulky.

12360283_10205043403387968_8419562539989742986_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom