New Africa Twin CRF?

... I have a MSX 125 in the UK...

That MSX 125 is a great bike, or should I say was... It sold well here but then was discontinued without a replacement.

Why don't they sell anything like it here? A full-size, light, economic enduro or motard with a 125 / 150cc 4 stroke engine?

We have the 150cc PCX (scooter), the CBR150R and now the Yamaha R15 (sport bikes), but I'm not into either.

Kawasaki's KLX is limited to one-up riding because of its size.

Edit: I shouldn't post in the early morning before having had my coffee! I thought of the 2 stroke "MTX" - the MSX is the Grom, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjFCGcHJdI8

Last edited:
That MSX 125 is a great bike, or should I say was... It sold well here but then was discontinued without a replacement.

Edit: I shouldn't post in the early morning before having had my coffee! I thought of the 2 stroke "MTX" - the MSX is the Grom, right?

Correct the MSX 125 is called the Grom in some countries

The bamboo telegraph is on fire once again re the new Honda Africa Twin.

Rumors are that is it coming fairly soon, we're hearing POP Rentals in Chiang Mai has ordered Africa Twins already, rumors 800cc (rumors, nothing to back this up) & will be priced around 350,000 - 370,000 Bht.

Will try find out more.

Well if it's true at that price they should clean up..

The latest video instalment in this saga has been published by Honda. No details given and a teaser in the final scene. After watching I do feel reassured that this bike is real and will be released, in whatever form it finally takes, and it's just a matter of waiting... But hopefully not too much longer :RE

[video=youtube_share;P_Uy2CaH8oA]http://youtu.be/P_Uy2CaH8oA[/video]

Stopped by Honda Bigwing, Chiang Mai yesterday. The boss says that the new Africa Twin will be available in 2 months & confirmed it would be 800cc (lets hope he's right). Gave him an order, lets see whats happens. Looks like this is really going to happen, Honda is doing a great job keeping a lid on this so close to its launch.

Stopped by Honda Bigwing, Chiang Mai yesterday. The boss says that the new Africa Twin will be available in 2 months & confirmed it would be 800cc (lets hope he's right). Gave him an order, lets see whats happens. Looks like this is really going to happen, Honda is doing a great job keeping a lid on this so close to its launch.

Great news, hope it comes soon!

Did they give you a ballpark figure on the salesprice Phil?

MCN look to have the scoop on this, confirmed at 1000 cc. Looks like October or November into dealers, so not sure at this stage availability in Thailand, price to be announced.

CRF1000LAfricaTwin1 (1).jpg CRF1000LAfricaTwin2.jpg

So the bike is going to be the rumoured 1000cc not 800cc. Wonder how the BigWing guy got that wrong?

Other rumours circulating are that there will be three models offered, basic, full electronics and DCT, and first shown in November, hitting showrooms next new year.

I think the price will be nearer the Tiger 800/F800FGS range here.

If it is to be made in Thailand, I guess it will priced around 500-600 K baht? That is in line with the Triumph Tigers and BMW F800GS.
I would be very surprised if they can/will sell it for 360-380 K baht.

no way 360/80K baht if is 1000cc!staff at big wing CM really dont know what they are talkin about.I asked lately ,the guy with glasses said the model was on sale only oversea for now..meaning he definetly didn t know what he was saying :GF probably VFR800x?

FYI honda try to keep prices down but a VFR1200X is 817K. the best thing is chill and wait instead try to decode rumors or mis info

That drawing is the Oberdan Brezzi's Design concept for what was stated a 1200cc, this design was made in 2010.

This page on All Products - Honda Powersports is currently causing some speculation as to the size(s) of engine that will be available for the new CRF.

View attachment 38245

It could be perfect and i would buy it! 1000cc ..mmm...no need, Not off rd, it's a joke..if u had any experience beside unpaved roads u would never consider it a "off rd" vehicle ;) *(in fact Dakar bikes are 450cc..)

This page on All Products - Honda Powersports is currently causing some speculation as to the size(s) of engine that will be available for the new CRF.
It could be perfect and i would buy it! 1000cc ..mmm...no need, Not off rd, it's a joke..if u had any experience beside unpaved roads u would never consider it a "off rd" vehicle

Well ~ we most probably never see a AT / TA over here in the motherland called China but a 650cc AT / TA without DTC woulds be great.

Somehow lost interest in a 1000cc AT / TA ~ wonder why....

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 420
Small / low bike or big rider?

Attachments

• Motorok-Honda-Africa-Twin-Bernhard-M-Hhne_motorrevu_1.jpg
    Motorok-Honda-Africa-Twin-Bernhard-M-Hhne_motorrevu_1.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 343
  • Motorok-Honda-Africa-Twin-Bernhard-M-Hohne_motorrevu.jpg
    Motorok-Honda-Africa-Twin-Bernhard-M-Hohne_motorrevu.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 343
  • Motorok-Honda-Africa-Twin-Bernhard-M-Hhne_motorrevu_7.jpg
    Motorok-Honda-Africa-Twin-Bernhard-M-Hhne_motorrevu_7.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 761
Looks as low as the locally produced F800GS! :banghead:

Hopefully he is a tall guy and the luggage is loaded up to fully compress the rear suspension. Rear tyre could indicate this too.

A 500cc version using the CB500 engine would be of interest to me - something the CB500X should have been in the first place...

Stopped by Honda Bigwing, Chiang Mai yesterday. The boss says that the new Africa Twin will be available in 2 months & confirmed it would be 800cc (lets hope he's right).

This reminds me of my ex - she would also tell me "facts" which later turned out to be pure bogus. :)

Stopped by Honda Bigwing, Chiang Mai yesterday. The boss says that the new Africa Twin will be available in 2 months & confirmed it would be 800cc (lets hope he's right).

This reminds me of my ex - she would also tell me "facts" which later turned out to be pure bogus. :)

Totally agree!! They 've got truckloads of cowshit in the back and distribute it evenly with potential customers asking....errmh

AUSTRALIA 20/08/2015 – Details of Honda Motorcycle’s highly anticipated CRF1000L Africa Twin have been released.

The 1000cc adventure motorcycle is tipped to set a new benchmark in the adventure touring market when 3 models go on sale in Australia early 2016.

With a Manufacturer’s List Price of $15,499 for Standard, $16,999 for ABS and $17,999 for ABS-DCT models, your next adventure is not far away.

Honda’s newest dual-purpose motorcycle is based on its hugely successful predecessors, which helped set the performance standard for large capacity adventure motorcycles, both on and off road.

At the heart of the new thrill-seeking model, the 1000cc parallel twin engine delivers impressive power and torque. The strong power output promises instant response right throughout the rev range, accompanied by a satisfying, throaty growl. A 270-degree crank shaft provides a distinct character to the power delivery and excellent feel for rear wheel traction.

The lightweight and robust six-speed manual gearbox utilises the shift-cam design from the CRF250R/450R models, with the option of Honda’s innovative Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) technology for adventure.

The DCT features the standard manual mode, allowing the rider to shift gears through a handlebar trigger, as well as two automatic modes. ‘D’ mode offers a fantastic balance of fuel economy and comfort cruising. ‘S’ mode has been revised to give extra levels of sports performance, with three different shift patterns to choose from: S1, S2 and S3.

In the spirit of adventure, the DCT technology has also been customised for the Africa Twin, with a ‘G’ switch on the right side of the instrument panel improving traction and machine control by reducing clutch slip. The new system also features incline detection, which adapts the gear shift pattern to match to the grade of incline, aiding overall control.

Ready to tackle any conditions on or off-road, the Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system offers three levels of control, while the rider is also able to turn off the ABS system for the rear wheel.

The compact and lightweight chassis ticks all the boxes with outstanding off-road performance, touring comfort plus agile handling for everyday use. The steel semi-double cradle frame provides the perfect balance of high-speed stability, off-road agility and sheer strength.

The CRF1000L Africa Twin offers practical bodywork design available in three colour options. The standard model is available in Sliver and the ABS models come in CRF Rally or Tricolour.

Honda’s all-new CRF1000L Africa Twin remains true to the go-anywhere ability, rugged durability, easy-handling and all-day riding comfort that its predecessors used to define the adventure motorcycling segment, plus adds the expertise and learnings from Honda’s exploits on and off the road over the last decade.

One of motorcycling’s most celebrated and evocative names, the Honda Africa Twin, perfectly encapsulates the adventure motorcycle ethos and will no doubt prove an ideal and versatile option for Australia’s rugged environment.

For more information about the new Africa Twin visit your local Honda Dealer, call 1 300 1 HONDA or visit http://www.hondamotorcycles.com.au

"With a Manufacturer's List Price of $15,499 for Standard, $16,999 for ABS and $17,999 for ABS-DCT models, your next adventure is not far away."

Sure, who hasn't 16 to 18 grand lying around and has time for an adventure?

Well I don't, and I won't, so I have to putter around the countryside with the small CRF which may be even more adventurous! :)

That is between 405 to 470 K baht.... Let's see how it pans out in Thailand with import duties.

Back
Top Bottom