National Park fees for Farangs ??????

monsterman

Over the last few weeks i have visited several Thai national parks , OK we all know now that due to a recent goverment directive to the Park Rangers , work permits, Thai ID or driving licenses even a Thai passport wont get you a discount anymore if you are WHITE ,WESTERN ,ARAB , or INDIAN etrc ,, most asians looking people Chinese , Japs , Koreans, seem to get by at thai price ,

another thing is the fee varies some parks want 400 baht others only 200 baht and at emerald triangle near UBON Ratchatani all westerners were being denied entry to the park last week and they were being very rude to any non asians which was offensive to many and also Thai friends although Chinese tourists and thais were allowed free entry , the rangers told my thai Friend it was security reasons ?????

I mentioned recently on another thread about a friend who is Swiss but has been a Thai citizen for many years being denied Thai price at parks as well even showing his Thai passport ....

A thai relative of mine who works in a tour booking company in Bangkok says reports are being collated that show non asian visitors bookings to National parks and other attractions are massively down , as group and family discounts are also being denied .

WTF is going on is this Xenophobia or just greed ???? and why the variation in fees ??? 200 or 400 which is correct ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: National Park fees for Rarangs ??????

Yes, that seems to be the new rule - foreigners no longer allowed to pay the same price as Thais. I would say it is xenophobia. With regard to the 200/400 Baht price it seems that they have decided that in the popular National Parks they decided to double the price.

Anyway, starting 1 February 2015 the prices will go up:

The National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department has announced that as of 1st February 2015, the entrance fees for 31 national parks in Thailand have been raised. The prices below are for children/adults. Please note there is a dual price system at all parks in Thailand. Sometimes foreigners with a work permit or Thai driver's license can get in for Thai price. But this is not consistent at all parks. Also, sometimes a foreigner married to a Thai person with Thai children might find it difficult to get in with Thai price.

A. The following parks will be 10 Baht/20 Baht for Thais and 100 Baht/200 Baht for foreigners:

Thap Lan National Park, Prachinburi
Ta Phraya National Park, SaKaeo
Khao Lak - Lam Ru, Krabi.
Mu Ko Phetra National Park, Satun
Kaeng Tana, Ratchathani
Phu Sa Dok Bua, Yasothon.
Phu Pha Thoep National Park, Mukdahan.
Phu Phan, Sakon Nakhon
Phu Langka, Nakhon Phanom
B. The following parks will be 20 Baht/40 Baht for Thais and 100 Baht/200 Baht for foreigners:

Pa Hin Ngam, Chaiyaphum
Ramkhamhaeng National Park, Sukhothai
Mae Moei, Tak
C. The following park will be 40 Baht/100 Baht for Thais and 200 Baht/300 Baht for foreigners:

Kaeng Krachan, Phetchaburi
D. The following parks will be 50 Baht/100 Baht for Thais and 200 Baht/300 Baht for foreigners:

Srinakarin Dam, Kanchanaburi.
Sai Yok National Park, Kanchanaburi
Erawan National Park, Kanchanaburi
E. The following parks will be 20 Baht/40 Baht for Thais and 150 Baht/300 Baht for foreigners:

Khao Sok National Park, Surat Thani
Mu Ko Ang Thong, Surat Thani
F. The following parks will be 50 Baht/100 Baht for Thais and 300 Baht/500 Baht for foreigners:

Mu Ko Surin, Krabi
Similan Islands, Krabi
G. The following parks will be 30 Baht/60 Baht for Thais and 100 Baht/300 Baht for foreigners:

Than Bok Khorani, Krabi
Ao Phang Nga, Phang Nga
H. The following parks will be 20 Baht/40 Baht for Thais and 200 Baht/400 Baht for foreigners:

Phu Chong-Na Yoi, Ubon Ratchathani
Pha Taem, Ubon Ratchathani
Khao Phra Wihan, Sisaket
I. The following parks will be 20 Baht/40 Baht for Thais and 300 Baht/500 Baht for foreigners:

Thung Salang Luang, Phitsanulok
Phu Hin Rong Kla, Phitsanulok
J. The following parks will be 20 Baht/40 Baht for Thais and 100 Baht/300 Baht for foreigners:

Namtok Chat Trakan, Phitsanulok
K. The following parks will be 20 Baht/50 Baht for Thais and 150 Baht/300 Baht for foreigners:

Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai
Doi Pha Hom Pok, Chiang Mai
Huai Nam Dang, Chiang Mai

Doi Inthanon NP 300 Bht for non-Thai citizens now

24066187512_393a7b1b78_h.jpg

This is what i have been asked to pay over last 4 weeks as displayed on baords at these parks

Khao chamao in rayong now 400bt ,,
khao soidao chantaburi now 400bt
Phu pa lek Mukdahen now 400 Baht
plieu Chantaburi 200 bt
Plataem Ubon now 400bt
Pu Sa dok bua yasothon 200baht , got in free as friend Yak YAK the rangers
Plu Tem na Yoi UBON NP now 400bt
Emerald triangle NP now 400 Bt if they let you in ???????
kaeng Krachan now 400baht
Taplan Prachinburi 400Baht
Pang Sida Sakaeo 200 Baht

Doi Inthanon NP 300 Bht for non-Thai citizens now

24066187512_393a7b1b78_h.jpg

Im guessing its only if you want to go up to the vey top that you pay and its no charge if you are only riding from Chom Thong to go through to Mae Chaem, or has that changed too?

Boycott them, plenty of other places to go - and if it gets too bad there are plenty of other countries as well.
I read that they knew they were losing money due to reduced Farang visitors - so they increased the prices to compensate!!!

I read that they knew they were losing money due to reduced Farang visitors - so they increased the prices to compensate!!!

That sounds about right, Thai logic?

I had a fun day riding in the Mae Tho NP today finding new unmapped tracks and villages and this one is free entry

Its still free to ride from Chom Thong going through to Mae Chaem, I asked on the way through yesterday

We did a road trip from CNX to Krabi recently and we attempted to go to about 10 different national parks and were requested to pay at least 10 times Thai price at every one. I refused, we produced licences, work permits and visa's and to no avail, they demanded 10 times Thai price from both of us. I complained bitterly at every park and explained I would not pay the ridiculous fee and that the policy is bad for Thai people and Thailand. At one National Park 3 guards got up out of their seats with the clear intent of assaulting me for what I said, so as I was doing a U turn to leave I positioned the car in a way that I was more of a threat to them than them to me and I left after a momentary Mexican stand off. WTF is wrong with these people, WTF is going on with this country, time to find another country to live I think!

The double pricing has been in force for many years although most farang residents could get away with it show a driving license or house yellow book.

Times have changed and the new administration is heavily enforcing it, hard to understand the logic in kissing off people that live here and have families and or businesses for the small amount of income it will generate.

Yes times are a changing in LOS I was recently handed a police document asking for passport and family details alive or dead as well as income details, details they pretty much already have as part of my visa renewal and 90 day reporting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We did a road trip from CNX to Krabi recently and we attempted to go to about 10 different national parks and were requested to pay at least 10 times Thai price at every one. I refused, we produced licences, work permits and visa's and to no avail, they demanded 10 times Thai price from both of us. I complained bitterly at every park and explained I would not pay the ridiculous fee and that the policy is bad for Thai people and Thailand. At one National Park 3 guards got up out of their seats with the clear intent of assaulting me for what I said, so as I was doing a U turn to leave I positioned the car in a way that I was more of a threat to them than them to me and I left after a momentary Mexican stand off. WTF is wrong with these people, WTF is going on with this country, time to find another country to live I think!

Imagine if we routinely called Asians "gooks" and charged them 10 times the "White price" in our countries.

Back
Top Bottom