Chae Son National Park via 4076 & 1252

dellboy218

Bikes
Honda NC750X
I will put this in this folder as it was driven rather than ridden. For some reason my wife dislikes my bike as she reckons it looks like a Police bike.........
Anyway this would make a wonderful days ride, lovely views and scenery but.................... and might I say at this point, yes it is passable even on my bike but with care and caution and using all the road. I would not advise riding this route in the hours of darkness.
I know the maps a bit course but if any one wants it blown up a bit in any particular area then PM me. The road is remarkably good until...........

Marker 1. The Road has subsided on the left hand side reducing the width of the road.
Marker 3. A very large bit of rock is on the right hand side intruding into the already fairly narrow road as the result of a landslide
Marker 4. A landslide on the right has been cleared up some soil and mud has been left in the road, probably a bit slippery.
Marker 5. At a small junction on the right hand side the surface is badly 'rippled' in a contained area , three traffic cones mark the area!
Marker 6. Coming onto the 1252 taking a right the road surface has completely broken down across the entire width and for 100m or so, a lot of loose gravel
Marker 7. A rather large landslide, I thought I would have to turn around, it looked about 6 foot or more high right across the road. Three strong lads were
there though with shovels and had just made a channel big enough for my Fortuner to drive through, sliping and sliding a bit.
Marker 8 to 9. Road construction, gravel and soil compacted, reasonably smooth.
Marker 10 to 11 Road Construction, a lot of loose gravel, not compacted or smoothed.
Marker 11 to 12 Road Construction signs ar eout but they havn't started, a lot of broken road surface, holes, trenches, mud etc
Marker 13 Road has subsided on the right hand side reducing the width of the road a tad.
Marker 14 The same but a lot more with the road down to a single carriageway
Marker 15 to 16 Road construction again, a lot of loose gravel and some rather large hole on sections they havn't started on.
In between the markers there have obviously been quite a number of landslides that have been cleared up to a greater or lesser extent. These it seem are still continuing so it pays to be cautious.
Well worth a ride once repairs are a bit further along.
Chae Son national park charges 200B for foreigners with out without a Thai license. Thais are free and cars are 30B
Snap_2011.10.20%2016.43.32_002.jpg

Great information on the road problems - thanks Derek. Below is a zoomed out map of the area so you can see where it is in relation to Chiang Mai

r 1252 east of cnx.jpg

Map copyright © www.RideAsia.net

Back
Top Bottom