LUANG PRABANG THE EASY WAY (final part)

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Yamaha returned and I had a few spare hours in LP, so decided to walk around the Old Quarters area then head to the riverside.

There's a few of these around town now.
They look unstoppable.
No badges could be seen and I don't know what it is.

Coudn't resist a final baguette.

Then, to my delight, on the riverside road I found the Big Tree gallery/cafe.

This is a very relaxing venue.
Jazz music, quiet, superb photos on display and for sale. There's an upstairs gallery.

Big Tree Cafe at 19.896714, 102.140582

Well, Luang Prabang was most enjoyable.
I could certainly live there.

Off to the airport.

Unusual snacks available in the lounge.

It's been a while since I have had to walk across the tarmac to the 'plane.

For those who have not been to Luang Prabang I hope some of these images manage to tempt you.

Last edited:
Nice series Ron, great pictures too, thank you for sharing!

Excellent. Thanks Ron. The red truck is the Russian Jeep equivalent from the Vietnam War era (and beyond, I think). The guy who owns the knife factory in Phnom Penh has one of each (jeep and the Russian version).

Yes, these pix are certainly inspiring... I was last there in the late 90's .. the place seems much tidier and restored - less rustic for sure. Is it all scooter rental, or are there rental bikes with proper size wheels there?

Thanks 'oldbloke'.
I was only looking for a scooter but I am confident larger bikes are available; MotoLao comes to mind.
Maybe other readers will know for sure.

Yes LP is certainly clean, tidy and civil.
The riding and driving was much more sedate that what we are used to here in Thailand.
The footpaths could actually be walked along without having to avoid parked bikes, signs, tables, poles, cars etc.

I found one area near the bamboo bridge which, despite a 'no litter' sign, was a mess with litter.
Next day I walked past and a group of University student volunteers were cleaning the whole area.

Back
Top Bottom