Hai from Pai

Sandettie

Bikes
Versys
G'day, I have been dashing around Thailand on my Versys Tourer for the past 11 months, and I am based in Pai (136klms from Chiang Mai on 1095) where we have the Evergreen Guesthouse. I am a semi retired Australian journalist, a motorcycling enthusiast since 1966, I enjoy sailing across oceans and came to Thailand after falling in love with a woman, rather than a country.

For those who may need the free service, I am a Northern Territory Commissioner for Oaths, which means I can legally witness Australian Commonwealth Statutory Declarations, which may save you a trip to Bangkok and the Embassy's $40 witness fee. I also have a contact in Chiang Mai who is a Quensland Registered JP, able to offer the same free service. Aussies out there may be surprised to know that the Consul in Chiang Mai is not permitted to witness Australian Documents.

Anyone coming to Pai who wishes to ride onward around the MHS loop, needs only to call in and say G'day. I can provide local knowledge for you, and, I don't need much of an excuse to go for a ride if you wish to proceed part of the way in company.

If you are in the area and want to stop to chat about: Motorbikes, sailing boats, sport, boobs, food or things in general, I'd love to see you.

Ride safe,
Dave.

Welcome..

I`m interested to know which bike publications you wrote for in Oz and/or what you covered.

I was fairly active in motorcycle sport in Oz from the early 70`s onwards.

Welcome to RideAsia Dave.

Glad that you have posted & given us some very useful information.

Would you be so kind to copy your post (add & subtract anything you feel appropriate) and make a new post in the Regional Information - Thailand forum here on RideAsia. I would do it myself but it sounds a lot better coming from you ;)

I do hope this information will be of use to folks in & around the north of Thailand.

Thanks very much

Ally

Back
Top Bottom