Greetings from Songkhla, Thailand

Thump

Bikes
'14 CBR500R; '13 CRF250M; '14 MXS125; '09 Nouvo 135
Hi there, I decided to finally join this site. Been living in Thailand for over 13 years now and mainly rode small bikes like Honda Waves which are an amzing value for the money. Recently I switched to Yamaha Nouvo 135 and have to say the CVT is more impressive than I thought!
Had two carbed CBR150R and one with FI, also great little bikes; Kawasaki Boss 175, Honda Phantom 200 since there were no bigger legal bikes available then. Also had an older AX1.
Just got me a CRF250M, guess I'll post some pics elsewhere on this forum.
Maybe I should mention that I posted as Klaus, KZ and KZ25 on another MC site. :)

So much for now!

Welcome thump, you should try hook up with Muddy Rider, he's in the same area and does mostly off-road guide work.

Good to see you on here Klaus and hope to meet up some day

Right, give me a call if you're in the area!

How's your new 500 holding up?

Right, give me a call if you're in the area!

How's your new 500 holding up?
Its fine thanks, just over 1000 miles on it so far and its still returning an amazing 90 mpg from an imperial gallon or 32kpl whichever you prefer, this is riding on smaller backroads where 100 kph is all you want to go

That's amazing - my CRF250M takes about the same, and I'm doing back roads at 50 to 80 km/h!

Today I went about 150km at 90 to 100 km/h and filled in 6,1L after 200km.

Yes they are pretty much identical on fuel consumption which is amazing considering the 500 is double the capacity and two cylinders too

Reminds me of the Top Gear episode where they sent a Prius at top speed around the track, followed by a 500hp BMW M series.

The Prius used more gas!

In the eighties BMW made a 2L four cylinder and a 2L 6 cylinder with more power, the 6 cylinder was better on fuel if driven slowly.

I guess the CB500 turns out the same mileage because it's a low-compressed long-stroke.

Would be interesting to have both bikes run steady at 120km/h, the 250 may even take more gas than the 500.

Back
Top Bottom