Greetings from an Aussie couple

Goveroo

Bikes
Husky terra & DR650
Hi all.
In a little over a week we will finally find ourselves in Northern Thailand for a very brief 2 week holiday (or as we like to call it "a reccy") :)
We're a married couple from north eastern NSW and this will be our very first overseas riding trip. In Australia we do a lot of adventure riding so we're planning on hiring some off-road bikes to take us off the beaten track. I ride a 650 Husky Terra and my hubby (Ramdog/Dave) rides a BMW F800. Depending on which bikes are going at the time, we also share a DR650 and and a Honda Dominator.
I'm finding the ride reports very interesting (and sometimes a bit scary). We're friends with Liladv who came over last year and have spent a lot of time picking her brains. I'm appreciating the sharing of information and ride reports on here.
If you see us around Chiang Mai (or further afield), please say hi. You'll recognise us by the ridiculous amount of riding gear we'll be wearing; if not, please scold us for being slack with our safety.
Cheers :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm heading back to Chiang Mai soon too. Have a great time... most folks seem to

Welcome. We shall be riding around CM, Pai and Soppong in about two weeks time.
Stay safe!!!

kio

Thanks all. :D Not long now. Thanks for the facebook group link Johnsy, and the riding offer. I am sure we will be around the Chiang Doa area at some stage. Although looking at your profile pic I'm not sure that's the sort of riding I want!! :ride:

yeahhhh the profile pic.....that was courtesy of turn 11 at Phillip Island, I'm a little slower and a a little more cautious these days lol.....

We're heading off from chiang mai today. Planning on a big loop that will hopefully take in lots of dirt/back roads. Roughly heading to Mae Sot then north looping back through Chiang Dao then Chiang Mai. Well, that's the plan at this stage :)

Back
Top Bottom