Greetings from Ipoh, Perak.....West Malaysia

lipmeng

Bikes
African Twin
Dear all,

I just joint this forum and have read most of the articles contributed by fellow riders as many of them are familiar names in the community of riders in the part of the region.

I will be riding solo to the northern region and also Laos and Cambodia for a 6 to 8 weeks trip as I will attempt to cross certain parts of Vietnam although it may be challenging as the authorities will most likely refuse my entry. I will not be confining to a rigid plan in terms of route and timing as I intend to exercise some flexibility as to enjoy myself and taking plenty of pics along the way.

Hope to meet up sometime and somewhere on the road and mostly probably in northern Thailand.

Regards

Llip Meng

Welcome Lip Meng and happy to see you here at Ride Asia. In am living in Chiangmai but spend also a lot of time in Laos so in case you have a question just ask and we may be able to help.

Hi Lone Rider

Thanks for your kind gesture and offer as I will seek for your advise on Laos whenever I'm in doubt.
I will definitely come to CNX and drop in at Rider's Corner.

Looking forward to meet you guys soon. Now waiting for Colin who will be arriving in Ipoh today or tomorrow.

Regards

Lip Meng

Welcome to Rideasia Lip Meng.

I hope to be in Alor Setar tomorrow night and might stay there for two nights so should be in Ipoh on thursday, how long before you leave on your trip?

Hi Colin

i'll still be in Ipoh this week and may start my trip next week but still flexible as I do not have any fix plan or deadline to meet. I need to get things organise before riding out as to ensure that during the period of my absence will not burden my spouse. But the longer I delay it will have some impact on my traveling budget as the funds will be drained as I'm no longer employed........have to adjust to retirement lifestyle ........ I guess.

Don't worry just pm me or e-mail and you have my hp no whenever you're in town. Let me know where you will be staying .......is it the previous hotel? Your fellow countryman, Chris just left Ipoh a couple of days ago riding a malaysian registered Kawa D Tracker 250 for thailand and indochina for 3 months ride. We had some drinks and went for a ride to Cameron before he left town. The hotel that he stayed was called Tokyo Hotel and room with fan and hot water bath was Rm 35 per night with secure car park and wifi. Unfortunately his bed has bugs on the 2nd night but I did not check with him on the 3rd night whether he face the same issue.

You may consider the hotel or if you need me to check out some other hotels at certain price range, do let me know so that you do not need to waste time looking for places.

See you and take your time to ride safe.

Regards

Lip Meng

I plan on staying at the West Pool where I stayed last time

Back
Top Bottom