Getting A Green Book

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
I bought the KLX 150 last monday, late tuesday afternoon I gave Kawasaki my letter of residence so I guess it was wednesday before the paperwork was completed and sent off.
Yesterday (Monday) I had a text saying my green book, number plate and road tax was waiting for me, 4 days to get it, that's quite quick in my opinion.
Has anyone had a faster service than that on a new bike?

Nope. Two weeks is the quickest I've experienced. You must have a fast bike Colin :vee:

My tax is due today actually, off to pay the 100THB + insurance after work. Not sure what the insurance costs for the SH150i are. Use to pay about 350THB for my Nouvo.

I've heard of people waiting months for a green book - very strange, and annoying I would imagine!

That is the quickest also.. Even moving a bike plate province to province which is usually faster took me at best 1 and a half weeks and heard it being 4 plus for some..

I think people waited months on KTM and Ducati.. Goes to show if they have their shit in order it shouldnt take that kind of time.

West waited a year for his KTM 690 registration. 7 months, still no sign of my Ducati Hypermotard registration.

Not to derail the thread and I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there any sort of stipulations on the letter of residence? As in, does it have to be your name on the house rental agreement? For simplicity sake, we've always just put it in the she-wok's name. It would be good if I could easily get the bikes in my name.

Not to derail the thread and I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there any sort of stipulations on the letter of residence? As in, does it have to be your name on the house rental agreement? For simplicity sake, we've always just put it in the she-wok's name. It would be good if I could easily get the bikes in my name.

The first bike I bought here was during a brief period of "semi-retirement", 9 months of pissing it up with as many girls as I could manage from dubious websites, when I had a 12 month multi entry non-immigrant visa.

I went to my embassy, gave them an address in Thailand (no proof) and they printed off a couple of letters stating that to the best of their knowledge I lived at that address. I took one of the letters along with my passport to a shop and bought a bike in my name.

Since then I've bought a few bikes here using a work permit, which puts the bike in my name but states the address as that of my employer.

Rental contract is always in my name for this reason.. But I hear CNX is giving them out with just the house tabien baan now..

If your going to be purchasing multiple rental bikes over time, it would do you well to jump through the hoops needed for a yellow house book.. Once done thats it covered each and every time from the one document, no more getting them again and again.

I turned up at the government department with a photo copy of my friends passport details and a photo copy of his yellow house book and was told this was fine.
The only thing that had my name on it was my own passport

Bike Transfer

I turned up at the government department with a photo copy of my friends passport details and a photo copy of his yellow house book and was told this was fine.
The only thing that had my name on it was my own passport

Hi have I understood this correctly, you got the green book in your name by presenting a copy of your friends house register and a copy of his passport plus your passport?. Was this in C.M.?

I have a bike registered in my wifes name (U.K. and Thai passport holder living in U.K. but still has her name on house register and has an I/D. card) I have a power of attorney letter along with green book in her name. I would like to get the bike in my name for border crossing simplicity etc...

Anyone offer the path to success and guide me through which offices etc. I also have an expired (long long ago) Thai motorcycle licence and car licence. Renew replace procedure ???? or international driving permit?.

I visit once a year for 4 weeks but keep bike in C.M. for use on these visits.

J.J. - Colin got his Certificate of Residence from Immigration with those copies. That Certificate is needed for any motor vehicle proceedure, and was handed in to the Kawasaki dealer, who processed the Green Book for Colin's new bike.

You should be able to transfer your bike from her name to yours, but you will have to get some proof of residency to supply the MV office with a legal address. You can get those from Immigration or your Consulate/Embassy.

Whatever certificate you get can be used for the transfer and for a license renewal. Just have the first government office make a certified copy for use at the second office.

However, since you only come here for short times, the MV office would only give you 1 year licenses, which you would have to renew each year. You are probably better off getting the IDP each year.

Back
Top Bottom