Getting Exhaust repacked in BKK?

Maoser

It's about time to get my aftermarket Delkevic muffler repacked.

The stainless steel muffler has burnt orange/copper and the sound is different.

I presume the packing is also burnt inside.

I however have no tools, no know-how, no experience and no materials. Not a good combination.

I have never seen a place to get an exhaust repacked in BKK. But they must be out there somewhere.

Has anyone ever got an muffler repacked in BKK?

If so, where? How much? Was it done well?

Or has anyone ever seen a place that repacks them? I haven't.

Thanks. :)

Did you buy it in BKK? I'd first try the retailer.

I'd imagine few Thai riders bother with repacking exhausts based on how bikes here are generally kept here...

I had it sent from the UK.

Delkevic actually have a repacking kit that they sell.

But not much good with absolutely no know-how, tools or experience.

Wouldn't want to buy it and give it to a Thai 'mechanic' that is just slightly more knowledgeable. :D

But a Thai shop that actually does it as a service would likely have the materials already.

But difficult to find.

I cannot find any information whatsoever on any forums or sites about somebody getting their exhaust repacked in Thailand. :D

I'd happily travel if there was a place outside of BKK that knew what they were doing.

The tech Guy at a shop here in Patong show me not long ago that he found Material for repacking somewhere .
I guess it's from Bangkok .

It was like a Glassfiber Blanket for Roofinsulation about 50x50x4 cm but no Glass,Stone or Ceramicfiber.
More like the lose long Fibers you get from FMF and co. for repacking a 2 stroke Muffler, just as Blanket .
Maybe from a Car muffler manufacturer.

I can ask him on monday , need to pickup some parts anyway.

The only factory in Bangkok i know that make Glassfibre is called Microfiber , but the Fiber they make is not suitable for mufflers.
For Mufflers Stonewool (Basalt) is better but the next Factory i know of is in Germany .

But with all the Car manufacturer here there must be a factory somewhere in Thailand that produse the Packing .
The volume they need make no sense to ship as a small Factory the size of a shophouse can produse more of this stuff in a month
then they can ship in a year .

Cheers.

This is the repacking kit available from Delkevic in the UK (the supplier of the muffler)

product2778_1b.jpg

14 pounds Sterling.

If anybody has any info on a shop that does this it would be great.

anywhere in Thailand, not just Bkk.

Thanks very much.

^ Fantastic, thank you.

It's currently getting a service done in a Honda Shop, I just got a message back saying that one of the mechanics might know a place, they think around 2000 baht, and will get back onto me with concrete info.

Not that I care about 2k baht and would be happy to pay that to have it done, I think I saw a photo some guy who pickled up packing at a local motosai shop for 100b. Anyway, would be great to have it done, so if it turns out that they can't I'll get onto Dirt Shop.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I would use local packing which most likely is not made for mufflers but for insulation.

It may work well for a while but turn brittle and blow out sooner than quality material made specifically for MC exhausts.

Years ago I ordered FMF Racing packing through ebay, two bags for 3,000B incl. shipping, was good for packing the big CRF muffler (no kat) twice.

Update:

I just contacted Kittisak Racing and they said 'no'.

And K-Speed Ramintra.

They said: We can , but it's not original spec. Around 1000-1500 thb

K-Speed have quite a good name, so doubt they will pack it with roof insulation, but will still be local rather than professional overseas packing material. Will give it a go. I think they manufacture their own range of exhausts, under the Bizumo name?? maybe. So will presumably be the same packing that they use in them.

Back
Top Bottom