Garmin 60csx Repair

So yesterday, just riding along, and the 6ocsx got condensation on the inside of the screen.
It was a hot sunny day, all day ,and the stream we crossed wasnt much deeper than a foot. mostly.

So that was another dud $500GPS Garmin have sent me !
Never had these problems 5years ago when I first bought one
Now its drying in the sun, and theres a big spot on the screen.
I bet it wont work, and Garmin will try to worm out of replacing it

60csx wet.jpg
I tried drying it out in the sun
Now the moisture has gone
Also, so is the picture
It still bleeps when I turn it on/off

Garmin repairs (eventhough in most cases they just send a new unit) have a warranty period of 90 days.

We offer a complete factory overhaul of certain products. Select a product from the menu below to view the repair rate. Rates include shipping and handling.

Note: Repairs have a 90 day warranty. If the product sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original warranty, depending on which is longer.

took 6 days for Garmin to reply to my email.
I sent them the photo above

Dear Alex,

We have replaced the unit for you but now it seems your unit was already used under not very good condition as you can see its cover is very dirty.

So we can not be sure to what extent you use the unit. We are sorry we can not regard it as second return or under warranty.

So another reply from Jessica Liao at Garmin

However, after our engineer's confirmation, we are afraid the screen was truly cracked under hit or accidentally struck so it made the condensation in the screen.

The issue was caused not by Garmin issue but the other forces we can not expect.

and a pic of the screen now
60csxscreen.jpg

If anyone has an email etc for a senior manager at Garmin I can show this too, I would appreciate it

When luck goes bad it just keeps on going huh ??

You think I should stump up the$200ish for a new one, sue them for $1million loss of earnings etc, or go round their homes with heavy friends?

At some point you do have to wonder where the financial logic is, even if it initially makes sense.

I currently have an googlephone (nexus 4) trying to be repaired under warranty.. I had to buy another phone to cover the time it would take, sent it to the UK and back and LG have sent it back (to UK) I had it sent back to Thailand and they didnt fix it in any way, exactly the same.. So its back to the UK again.. All the postage and effort its like I should just bin it, even if it was last xmas's flagship phone.

It might be worthwhile if anyone is considering buying a new GPS unit is to buy it through ME CO-OP or REI. They might charge a bit more but if anything goes wrong, whenever, it's just a straight swap. I've traded in two faulty Garmin's with MEC and never had to deal with Garmin warranty at all.
Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
looks like the post was lost, but I bought a LCD from China online, about$50, and found a mobilephone repairshop guy to help me fit it, it works fine now

Mine has an issue with the back up battery which is soldered on the main board, it has come off.
So every time changing batteries it looses all memory, a bit of an issue.

Anyone know a shop in (Chiang Rai?) that can fix that?

Mine has an issue with the back up battery which is soldered on the main board, it has come off.
So every time changing batteries it looses all memory, a bit of an issue.

Anyone know a shop in (Chiang Rai?) that can fix that?

We don't have a GPS repair shop in CR Marcel, your best bet would be to try some of the mobile phone repair shops and see if they can help.

Back
Top Bottom