entering Thai with Cambodian bike from Laos

Sen Sok

Can anyone advise on whether i can enter Thailand from Laos wuth a cambodian plated bike?

Yes same as any other non Thai bike.. Same process on the Laos border as there would be on the khmer border.

Temp import papers.. 30 days stay, extendable up to 6 months.. 1000b per day overstay fine to a max of 10k if you fail to extend.

Good one thanks. The reason i ask is that i met a guy in Savanakhet last week who was refused entry in cambodia from Lao on a Thai registered bike at the southern border for not having some import doc that they said he needed from Vientianne. So i guess my second question is do have to get my import doc from the customs dept in vtnne or do lao customs issue that at the border crossing?

Good one thanks. The reason i ask is that i met a guy in Savanakhet last week who was refused entry in cambodia from Lao on a Thai registered bike at the southern border for not having some import doc that they said he needed from Vientianne. So i guess my second question is do have to get my import doc from the customs dept in vtnne or do lao customs issue that at the border crossing?

You normally get the temporary import document at the Thai/Lao border crossing where you enter Laos - have a look at Customs-formalities-thai-laos-border-crossings.html

Back
Top Bottom