Doi Saket Market

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
OK, this is not exactly a 'tour' but a ride to Doi Saket late Tuesday afternoons is recommended because that's when we have our wonderful street market. All the fresh stuff is ready around 3pm and the market continues to around 7pm.

Fun, friendly and very colourful.

There's a few nearby Coffee Shops and fine restaurants nearby too, and plenty of excellent take-away food from the market.

This is what I saw last Tuesday. (Send me a 'PM' and I'll be happy to meet you at the market and show anyone around the area).

It's situated below our Wat Phratat Doi Saket.

View attachment 14180

At an intersection, taking up 4 roads.

N 18.83182
E 99.16922

View attachment 14181

View attachment 14182

View attachment 14183

View attachment 14184

View attachment 14185

View attachment 14186

This guy's line was "If I don't sell all of this I'm in big trouble with my wife."
Some of the verbal responses to his plea were hilarious (and ribald!)

View attachment 14187

His 'work shirt' says '5 baht a bunch or 5 bunches for 20 baht'.
A real pro.

View attachment 14188

View attachment 14189

View attachment 14190

View attachment 14191

View attachment 14192

View attachment 14193

View attachment 14194

View attachment 14195

View attachment 14196

View attachment 14197

View attachment 14198

View attachment 14199

This lad was selling hand-held sewing machines (from China) for 100 baht. He made a killing.

View attachment 14200

View attachment 14201

View attachment 14202

View attachment 14203

View attachment 14204

View attachment 14205

View attachment 14206

View attachment 14207

Note the battery operated 'fly disuader'.

View attachment 14208

View attachment 14209

View attachment 14210

View attachment 14211

View attachment 14212

View attachment 14213

View attachment 14214

View attachment 14215

View attachment 14216

View attachment 14217

View attachment 14218

View attachment 14219

View attachment 14220

View attachment 14221

Time to pack up and try to get home!

View attachment 14222

Fabulous selection of life there Ron, great T-Shorts too ;)

Together we achieve more. There is a fine motto.

All that food, colour and diversity. Life as we know it. Nice.

Ally

Looks great, I'll have to pop over and have a mooch...... I love flirting and chattin' up the old girls at a Thai market!

Ally, Ally, Ally...... the reason behind the shirt is in the initials...... T E A M ....... not T W A M! :D ;)

:RE

I guess I should write what I see & not what I think !!

;)

I love flirting and chattin' up the old girls

Martin, we don't have 'old girls' here and the ladies who work at the market are happily married and most likely wouldn't respond to a total stranger from another world 'chatting them up'.

However, if it's a few laughs and a decent conversation you want then I'm sure they can oblige.

Some nice looking sushi there Ron :-)

Great pictures as i would expect.

Martin, we don't have 'old girls' here and the ladies who work at the market are happily married and most likely wouldn't respond to a total stranger from another world 'chatting them up'.
However, if it's a few laughs and a decent conversation you want then I'm sure they can oblige.

Hahaha chill out mate, that's just my English sense of humour, which no other nation on earth can ever hope to understand. I'm bloody sure any Brit reading my post will have seen the huge tongue-in-cheek I wrote with. And, being typically English again, I can absolutely 100% guarantee you and assure you that every market in every province in Thailand will have "old girls" working it...... I've done my fair share of Thai markets over the past 24 years!!

I'm English, you're Aussie, and as we joke with our Yank friends from across the pond: we are 2 nations divided by a common language.
Have a wonderful day.

Looks good, I'll have to pop out there one tuesday. I was in that direction today at Mae Kuang dam, saw the Wat on the hill and thought it would be worth having a look around Doi Saket sometime.
Tim.

Lots of doughnut photos there Ron, its looks interesting and I must drop in there sometime

Back
Top Bottom