CRF rear lowering bits?

windrider

Is anyone making the rear lowering fittings?

I have seen them on some treads but don't know if they are available n Thailand or if you have to make your own??

I would love to know how much lower that makes an CRF250M (that is only 1inch lower as the CRF250L).

Chang Noi

I saw a CRF with another hole drilled higher in the lower shock mounting, seemed to to the trick.
T.

I would be quite leary of the engineering masterminds at work on that.. A rear end collapse at any speed would be far from funny..

When I first got my DRZ it had a home made rear link on there for this purpose.. I had a good look and it was made from WAY too thin metal IMO without any bushing or correct sized hole.. I was very nervous in the week or so it took for a real one to arrive. Of course safety not always the highest consideration..

Hi LL
It looked fine, just another hole slightly higher up the std clevis, in effect shortening the shock. Seriously thinking of getting mine done being a shortarse. I droped the bike more times than the total in the last four decades, sure it was 'cos I could only just touch the ground.

Its easy to do you can drop the rear shock re drill it I recommend 1 inch but also slide your front forks down as well so bike is level check light ajustment and shorten the stand I got a shop to do it but they did the bolts up so we had no movement I adjusted it my self and its great

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi
What part did you drill 1". I was looking at the lower shock clevis but figured with the linkage multiplication it would only need the bare minimum.

The shock at the bottom wbere it is attached to the bike have a look it is so easy take shock off bike dill hole 25mm ( Centre to center)
Above the existing hole

Thanks. That's where I was going to drill but don't want to lower it much so was figuring the safe minimum would be one hole diameter up which would be @16-20mm centre-centre depending on diameter. How much did 1" actually lower the bike. There only looks @10mm movement possible at the front and I want to alter the geometry as little as possible.

I lowered the front 25 mm so I did the same at back

Ialso saw some on a aussie site I think they were about 165 to drop 1 inch

Back
Top Bottom