CRF 250 Rally

CraigBKK

Bikes
Honda CRF 1000L, 300L, SH 150
This could be very interesting!

CRF250 RALLYAn adventure model based on the CRF250L with styling image inspired by the CRF450 RALLY. <World premiere>
1311a43b2d6ec767e9b3fa08c7712dd5_zps1160291b.jpg

image.jpg

Only a concept and a 450 would be better, but... :banana:

More details here: Honda Worldwide | March 17, 2015 Overview of the Honda Exhibition at the 31st Osaka Motorcycle Show 2015 and the 42nd Tokyo Motorcycle Show

I like the SFA, it looks like a streetfighter version of the CRF250M with mag wheels, bigger tank and better aerodynamics, even a single-sided swing-arm!

Sort of a Japanese take on the Indian-designed CX-01.

I like the SFA, it looks like a streetfighter version of the CRF250M with mag wheels, bigger tank and better aerodynamics, even a single-sided swing-arm!

Sort of a Japanese take on the Indian-designed CX-01.

To me it looks like a small KTM Duke

image.jpg
image.jpg

This could be very interesting!

CRF250 RALLYAn adventure model based on the CRF250L with styling image inspired by the CRF450 RALLY. <World premiere>
View attachment 37418

View attachment 37419

Only a concept and a 450 would be better, but... :banana:

More details here: Honda Worldwide | March 17, 2015 Overview of the Honda Exhibition at the 31st Osaka Motorcycle Show 2015 and the 42nd Tokyo Motorcycle Show

A video from Youtube on the 250 Rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwrk49kDCZ0

Fuel tank still looks bit small to me

Wayne

Isn't it a CRF250L with a bit of different plastic?

The headlight cluster moved onto the fairing and it's got a differently shaped muffler, but the specs should be the same, same tank, same small front disc.

Or will it get the CBR300 engine?

To me it looks like a small KTM Duke

Right - and that's not a bad thing! The KTM looks a bit "over-styled" to me, the Honda looks more "mature". Probably porkier but cheaper.

I googled it and read that it's a 150cc bike. If it's got the CBR150R engine that would be cool, I had three of those and the engine is a little gem.

Make it light and sell it for 85,000 THB!

But if it turns out to get the CBR300 engine - even better!

It seems to have a few more upgrades than I thought, the tank is "redesigned", and there's talk about carbon pieces.

But it's a concept bike, who knows if or how it will go into production.

I liked this part in the article: "If we could ask for one thing in the production model it would be an increase in displacement. The original CRF250L engine was sourced from the CBR250R sport bike and last year the CBR250R was upgraded to a CBR300R, giving it a 17% power increase. Launching this new model with the CBR300R's powerplant would be an easy way to increase the bike's carrying capacity and ability to maintain highways speeds, making it all the more desirable."
I'd say blinging up a 250 doesn't make much sense...

It seems to have a few more upgrades than I thought, the tank is "redesigned", and there's talk about carbon pieces.

But it's a concept bike, who knows if or how it will go into production.

I liked this part in the article: "If we could ask for one thing in the production model it would be an increase in displacement. The original CRF250L engine was sourced from the CBR250R sport bike and last year the CBR250R was upgraded to a CBR300R, giving it a 17% power increase. Launching this new model with the CBR300R’s powerplant would be an easy way to increase the bike’s carrying capacity and ability to maintain highways speeds, making it all the more desirable."
I'd say blinging up a 250 doesn't make much sense...

Honda always have the habit of throwing out the oddball motorcycle, one thing for sure in the Yamaha 450F Rally ever makes an appearance it will put Honda on the back foot.

Maybe it's just semantics... If it were named a Scrambler, then it would sell millions!

Nah, this thing will never sell well!
Look at the tires, knobbies for off-road, but then small diameter rims. If it was intended for off-road, why a 400cc twin engine? This makes the bike way too heavy.
Can't even use the power on the street; with those small wheels and knobby tires I wouldn't go faster than 100 km/h, and any 150cc single can reach that speed.
The suspension looks as if it could barely support that heavy fuel tank on the street, leave alone in the dirt. That front fender looks like a scrambler's but the distance to the wheel is way too short. Plus there's no ground clearance, so why the upswept scrambler exhaust?
The seat height is extremely low, some 5,5" riders may like that, but then the wide handle bars are way too high, almost like a cruiser's!
If you're 6" the handle bar may be fine but you'd have to bend your knees too much to be comfortable.
The rear foot rest is under the muffler!
Maybe it's designed for some rich guy to putter around on a golf course, but as a motorcycle it just doesn't work.

For some reason the Munch Mammut comes to my mind....

That's what I've been talking about for quite some time!
A supermoto with more power (and more weight) would be the ticket.
Take the Ninja 300 engine or the new Yamaha's 321cc unit, 35 horses will do!

Saw a youtube clip of the bike is doing the rounds

Burning Shop Chiang Mai is making one himself, then will offer the rall kit conversion

11265582_1593726340905143_7394124722885987945_o.jp  g

11159997_1593726434238467_5574208040375946658_n.jp  g

PERFECT FAIRINGS = Perfect Fairings - Home Page offer fairing kits for various bikes and starting production soon for the simple bolt-on CRF250L fairing.

Attachments

• unnamed 1_zpsykxakx1r.jpg
    unnamed 1_zpsykxakx1r.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 637
  • unnamed 2_zpsqenpre6d.jpg
    unnamed 2_zpsqenpre6d.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 988
The video states this concept will be made in Thailand and available at the end of this year. First I've heard of that.

Shame the engine and power output appears to not be an improvement on the current L model. One can already buy aftermarket accessories such as a long range tank, tail tidy, LED lights, skid plate, hand guards and even fairings now, so apart from styling I can't see any reason to 'upgrade'.

Saw a youtube clip of the bike is doing the rounds

Burning Shop Chiang Mai is making one himself, then will offer the rall kit conversion

11265582_1593726340905143_7394124722885987945_o.jpg

11159997_1593726434238467_5574208040375946658_n.jpg

I agree - if it's not a "300" there's no reason to upgrade, especially because the resale value of the 250 is quite low.

a good change is the fairings.making the handlebar much lighter ,as the light/assorted junk move up

Re: CRF 250 Rally (Concept / Exhibition model)

Looks like this model maybe a little nearer to production as it is revealed now as a prototype.

image.jpeg

Unfortunately still only a 250cc

[video=youtube_share;IoR_FZ6gE-0]http://youtu.be/IoR_FZ6gE-0[/video]

Adventure Motorcycle invited Canadian international rally racer Patrick Trahan to talk about how he got into racing and his newly developed Honda CRF250L Rally built kit....

Click the link below for the full story on Patrick and ADVMoto's CRF250L Rally project bike!
http://adventuremotorcycle.com/gear/rally-kit-crf-250l

Well it's finally been launched, no idea of pricing yet but if it's not much more than the standard 250L it's worth a look.

Main features:
Larger fuel tank
Longer travel suspension
Switchable ABS
Larger front brake
Revised dashboard
New LED light system
Integral windscreen front fairing

More here http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/new-2017-honda-crf250-rally-unveiled-at-eicma/

01-Honda_CRF250_Rally.jpg

The price quoted in the linked article is USD 5,899.

Well it's finally been launched, no idea of pricing yet but if it's not much more than the standard 250L it's worth a look.

Main features:
Larger fuel tank
Longer travel suspension
Switchable ABS
Larger front brake
Revised dashboard
New LED light system
Integral windscreen front fairing

More here http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/new-2017-honda-crf250-rally-unveiled-at-eicma/

View attachment 47915

I was thinking more of the Thailand price :RE

Guess i stuck for a while with my old one .

Main features:
Larger fuel tank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>even larger IMS Tank
Longer travel suspension>>>>>>>>> >>>>not longer but better i guess
Switchable ABS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No need
Larger front brake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>happy with the small one
Revised dashboard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>done years ago
New LED light system>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>Done ,guess even better
Integral windscreen front fairing >>>>>>>>more additional , but works
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>plus more HP

IMG_0210_zpshgj5wcph.jpg

Low beam only
IMG_0229_zpsrvh1ymvo.jpg

IMG_0212_zps6hny1jle.jpg

If they release that concept with a 450-650 Engine , thats another story .

Think I'd rather pay 134K and spend the extra 50K on my own performance and adventure accessories...

Honda claim for the engine 23 HP
Customers can only messure on the rear wheel with a dyno where most stock CRF have 18 HP

- - - Updated - - -

Back
Top Bottom