Burma Expedition 2013

Thanks for posting this Goran - so you were the 4th group to enter Myanmar?

886065_489350144458167_1742864244_o.jpg

What was the total costs per person and bike?

Which agent did you use?

Hi Phil,

Four of us paid $1,580 each for twin rooms and two other guys in single rooms paid $ 1,865 each. Price includes 7 nights hotel accommodation with brekfast, bike clearance paperwork, police check points and "highway" plaza toll fees (incredible but true) and entrance fees into certain places of interest. At Kyaiktiyo Golden Rock we were required to pay additional $6 each and that's about it as far as I can remember. Of course, at certain temples they ask you to pay camera fees, symbolic amounts of up to 300-400 Kyats. If there was 10 of us for example, fees would be lesser....about $1,200 per pax. Guide and government minder were exceptionally friendly and kind....they allowed us to overtake their van and meet at next RV point hundreds of km's away. Guide Willy even cried when we arrived back to Thai border, he got very close to us....Oh yeah one more thing: I don't know if it's customary but we felt it would be appropriate to tip them at the end of our trip. Each expedition member gave them US$100 and I could see they really appreciated the gesture. We used ICS from Yangon, big company owned by certain German guy with offices throughout South-East Asia. Apparently they have very good rapport with Myanmar government.

Fantastic information, Thankyou

Hey my pleasure Phil. Happy to share the details. We will be back again sometime in January 2014 I guess....now is too hot and raining season coming soon. You definitely don't want to ride over Dawna Range while rains.

Interesting info... @ around A$200 a day it's kind of Bhutan tourism prices though. Let's hope things open up more as the government changes - although that kind of money is a powerful incentive for the authorities to keep control of motorbike tours!! They need to do a few studies of how tourism works in Thailand...... Once they relax about homestays , it'll be a sign that they've seen the light.

Back
Top Bottom