BMW F800GS

It's great to see so much stuff in Thailand for the 8gs. Those skid plates look ok, they actually look like genuine bmw items. I doubt I will be needing one for anything worse then stones hitting the engine cases so that may do the trick.

i just got to Gibraltar and am getting some luggage sent down. I really like this Wolfman stuff and have decide to get one of their Ridgeline Duffels. It's a good size for me for a couple of days away and also getting one of their blackhawk tank bags. The duffel will mount to a tail rack nicely and allow two up or mount longitudinally one the seat even. It is 33 litre and expands to 40. It'll handle any off road stuff as well. If I go longer distance and time I was thinking about the panniers Phil had mounted but he seems to be unimpressed so may look at some soft saddle bags. I will get the racks back there regardless.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 956
I'm using a mob called winding roads in the UK. Should be able to ship to Gibraltar duty free. The have the alt rider stuff too and I really like their skid plate but it is pricey and the local ones will be cheaper. I will probably get their tail rack though. Good thing about the duffel is it is a normal bag you can use on a plane so will put any goodies I get in it to bring home. Although my list is shrinking the more I realise I can get the stuff in Thailand, just got to weigh up the cost/ quality factor.

Wolfman Ridgeline Plus Duffle Bag > Seat & Tail Bags

the blackhawk tank bag

image.jpg
image.jpg

Cool- you probably won't ride like this, but it's nice to know you could:lol: (he dumps it pretty good a couple of times and it holds up fine):

Burning Shop, Chiang Mai, for the BMW F 800 gs now has:

Lower engine bars

Radiator protector

Perspex headlight protector

Skid plate/ sump/ engine protector

Larger rear brake pedal pad

Good man Phil
A friend of mine in China has just purchased the BMW G650GS new in China and like you fitted some nice aftermarket stuff, but he did report back saying with the Headlight protector he was getting reflection back into his eyes ??? need to check that out Phil
Here are a few pictures , notice he has a more slimmer side panniers think the make is GIVI ...

Cost wise I think it was 90.000 RMB that's about just under 450.000 B

At one point early this year he was thinking about the F700GS ??? but here is the email to me talking about the pros & cons with both bike , interesting reading, but rembenber we are talking about a legal bike here so one has to add plate cost /tax ect

True, but one of the things is that the G650GS would not be big seller to Chinese riders is that the single cylinder engine is made by Loncin, so that turns many Chinese riders off, just like certain market segment of Chinese riders will not buy any CFMoto or even the QJ-Benelli bikes because once again made by Chinese manufacturers. Those that would buy a Benelli would buy the imported ones. There are definitely pluses and minuses to both F700GS and G650GS bikes... the G650GS is 30K less expensive, parts are cheaper and there are more of the parts listed on Taobao. It comes with centre stand, heated grips, and the essential parts e.g. engine/sump guard, crash bars and so forth, that I'd buy for either the 660GS or 700GS are cheaper on Taobao for the 650GS. The 650GS top end is around 105mph, the 700GS is 115mph.Fuel economy, the 650GS gets 75+mpg but has a 14L tank, the 700GS gets 68mpg but bigger tank 17L tank.
The 650GS has a 5 speed box, whereas the 700GS has a 6 speed box but a taller first gear which is not good for slow work if forums are anything to go by. Guys are happy with the 650GS as guys are with the 700GS.

I don't know it's a tough call. On resale, the 650GS might be easier in a pinch to sell given that the potential 'used' asking price would be much less than the 700GS. Put it another way, trying to be neutral, if you were browsing MCM and saw a used well taken care of G650GS with reasonable miles and all the farkles, legal/plated... say for 70K, would you be a potential buyer, versus a used 700GS also with all the farkles at 130K. Which one has the most draw... me thinks the G650GS. Given the readers of MCM, now if it was advertised on Chinese forums it might be different story...

20140810_161941.jpg

20140810_162017.jpg

20140811_093428.jpg

20140810_162002.jpg

20140811_093412.jpg

20140811_093440.jpg

Handle bar lever guards now in stock in Thailand at Tium Motor Works, which means Burning Shop in Chiang Mai will soon have them too.

10003521_1507478802833679_5947940287895521086_n.jpg

1897748_1507478722833687_416564125869952184_n.jpg

Still waiting for my %^*}># kalamata to come in, over two months now! I'm wondering if I am getting "bumped" as they know I am not in Thailand right now. No biggie I guess as I can't ride it but would like it tucked away at home waiting!

Some of the parts I ordered from Panda Rider are in.

SW Motech centre stand B5900. Crash bars B 7500 and Kobra hand guards at B 5200.

im off sailing across the Atlantic next week to Miami so will look at what is available there. Most things seem to be in Thailand is that's good.

I'm waiting to hear from SC Project exhausts distributor in Thailand for a price. Nice looking cans!

Im wondering how many kalamata green 8gs are getting around town already? %#*++£

Still waiting for my %^*}># kalamata to come in, over two months now! I'm wondering if I am getting "bumped" as they know I am not in Thailand right now. No biggie I guess as I can't ride it but would like it tucked away at home waiting!

Some of the parts I ordered from Panda Rider are in.

SW Motech centre stand B5900. Crash bars B 7500 and Kobra hand guards at B 5200.

im off sailing across the Atlantic next week to Miami so will look at what is available there. Most things seem to be in Thailand is that's good.

I'm waiting to hear from SC Project exhausts distributor in Thailand for a price. Nice looking cans!

Im wondering how many kalamata green 8gs are getting around town already? %#*++£

I was in German Auto again yesterday. There is currently a 4 month waiting list there. Only a white model in the showroom now, the other colours are all currently sold out there.

This company will be opening a showroom on the Sukhumvit Road between Pattaya and Sattahip soon. I asked if they had anything to do with Barcelona, the salesman said no, and knew of the frustration Thai customers have with them.

Hinted at a third production model in Thailand next year, the S1000. He also told me of a 10% discount available at Touratech Thailand when you purchase a BMW there.

I asked about when the new colours for next year would be in, vaguely in a month or two I was told.

R nineT looked cool in the flesh.

BTW, a Thai rider on the F800 GS Thailand page made a post about his 40,000 km service. Price was 12K THB. There's pics of the bill with a breakdown mostly in English if you're interested.

Wow, the Alphine White F800 GS even has lesbian Rock chicks riding between gigs on it now, and not a blue GS jacket of helmet in sight!

[video=youtube_share;dsBle_enOpQ]http://youtu.be/dsBle_enOpQ[/video]

Turning the traction control (ASC) off

Turning ASC traction control OFF is possible while the bike is in motion.All you have to do is push and hold the ABS/ASC switch until the ASC control lights up (1-2 sec).To turn it ON again, do the same thing or just turn ignition OFF and ON again.Holding the switch for longer will make ABS turn OFF and its light illuminate on the dashboard.Firstly the ASC light will illuminate and after that ABS will be deactivated -- at the same time the ASC light will disappear.But only when the bike is stopped - it is impossible to deactivate the system while riding.Of course you may also deactivate traction control.Now both systems are deactivated and both systems' icons are lighten up.To turn ABS back ON, push and hold the button until the ABS light disappears or starts flashing (diagnostic mode).Now only ASC traction control is deactivated.Push and hold the button again and traction control is ON.You may also make the bike switch all safety systems ON by turning ignition OFF and ON again.

Planning a big trip on a F 800 gs? Luke's data riding from Singapore to Ireland, interesting fuel consumption average only 4.1 liters/ 100km

10368230_10153264333370130_4091115358833152107_n.jpg

1781910_10153264333405130_984416998806281214_n.jpg

Feeling let down by Barcelona BMW....

I ordered my Kalamata F800GS nearly 4 months ago and after never hearing one word from them finally had enough and asked a friend to go there and find out what is going on. It turns out there are no more Kalamata colour being produced so sorry, you have to chose another colour!

When end were they planning to tell me this? They had my friends phone number who was helping me paying for it etc. I had the money in the bank waiting and I was told it would be delivered in two months! I have been away working and wanted it ready for when I got home and the winter riding season. I was promised it would be delivered to my home.

when I asked where I was on the list I was told number 6. Whether that was nationwide or just CM I don't know but when I ordered that bike they weren't even rolling out of the factory!

So what happened? We're they produced in limited numbers? Why couldn't they honour a deposit and just paint one Kalamata for me? Seems a simple enough thing to do

Or or was it what I am suspecting and they let others jump the queue for that (popular) colour and forget about me? Now they just say just chose another colour? For the last two months no Kalamata coloured F800GS have been delivered? I would love to see their delivery orders for the last two months! I somehow think they won't show me!

If if anyone knows someone who has one delivered in the last two months I would love to know!

So so what to do now? Well I could chose another colour and have near instant delivery. I can chose red which is the 2015 new colour and indeed, the bike will be registered as a 2015 model So I should be happy right? But I am not. Something just grates about how this has gone down and if I wanted another colour I would have ordered it months ago!

there may be a silver lining though! I am seeing the new Tigers coming with the new BOI special prices being introduced so I think I may just take my deposit back and head over to Triumph.

thanks for nothing BMW.

Feeling let down by Barcelona BMW....

I ordered my Kalamata F800GS nearly 4 months ago and after never hearing one word from them finally had enough and asked a friend to go there and find out what is going on. It turns out there are no more Kalamata colour being produced so sorry, you have to chose another colour!

When end were they planning to tell me this? They had my friends phone number who was helping me paying for it etc. I had the money in the bank waiting and I was told it would be delivered in two months! I have been away working and wanted it ready for when I got home and the winter riding season. I was promised it would be delivered to my home.

when I asked where I was on the list I was told number 6. Whether that was nationwide or just CM I don't know but when I ordered that bike they weren't even rolling out of the factory!

So what happened? We're they produced in limited numbers? Why couldn't they honour a deposit and just paint one Kalamata for me? Seems a simple enough thing to do

Or or was it what I am suspecting and they let others jump the queue for that (popular) colour and forget about me? Now they just say just chose another colour? For the last two months no Kalamata coloured F800GS have been delivered? I would love to see their delivery orders for the last two months! I somehow think they won't show me!

If if anyone knows someone who has one delivered in the last two months I would love to know!

So so what to do now? Well I could chose another colour and have near instant delivery. I can chose red which is the 2015 new colour and indeed, the bike will be registered as a 2015 model So I should be happy right? But I am not. Something just grates about how this has gone down and if I wanted another colour I would have ordered it months ago!

there may be a silver lining though! I am seeing the new Tigers coming with the new BOI special prices being introduced so I think I may just take my deposit back and head over to Triumph.

thanks for nothing BMW.

Sorry to hear that Dave. One more disgruntled Barcleona customer, or maybe not... Hope you can get something else. Not sure if the Triumph deal is fact or wishful thinking but like everyone else, hope it goes ahead!

Hot of the press news from the Triumph thread, looks like the BMW F 800gs now has some real competition:

Britbike Triumph, the official Thailand, Triumph agent has cut a new deal with the Thai Government regarding taxes on motorcycles sold in Thailand.

Initially, Triumph had got a bad deal because their Triumph, Thai assembly plant was in the wrong zone (location) to qualify for the special tax breaks. This has now been re-nogiated and almost 300,000 Bht will be knocked off the new Triumph Tiger XCX.
Whispers are that the bike will be priced at around 550,000 Bht, so very similar to the BMW F 800 gs Thai price.

The seat lock barrel coming loose seems to be a common problem on the BMW F 800 gs, mine came loose, the worry is it vibrating out of the bike while riding, then you can't get the seat off.

Lots of stuff on the net about BMW F 900 gs's with the same problem:

Seat Lock - key barrel fell out. - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

attachment.php

The problem is that the springs on the inner end of the barrel, that push out the retaining lugs once the barrel is inserted aren't strong enough & dont push the retaining lugs out far enough. Got it fixed by the amazing locksmith on the south side of the moat square next to the 7-11 in Chiang Mai for 150 bht. He had an assortment of springs and had it fixed in 10 minutes

Co-ords of locksmith in Chiang Mai:

N18.78106 E98.98763

So for serious touring you use the BMW and the Ducati for the thrill?

7 liter aux. rear fuel tank from Camel Tank

Available in Bangkok for 16,500 Bht, Steve just fitted his and had the whole thing completed in less than an hour. Will probably add around 140km of range from one fill up.

20150505_111440.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Doesn't look bad at all

20150505_111451.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

I think only a 14mm drill bit was needed so that some additional fuel hoses could pass through the plastic, it then Tee's into existing fuel hoses

20150505_111430.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Breather for the aux. tank

20150505_111532.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

20150505_111733.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

We checked the clearance and it is outboard of the rear wheel

20150505_111623.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

20150505_111741.jpg by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

With pannier racks added, it will be well protected

CT-B-2.jpg

You can order here online:

Camel Tank | BMW GS Motorcycle Gas Tank | Camel ADV Products

Installation details in the link below:

Instructions for Camel Tank Installation - Camel ADV Products

A few people now deciding they don't like their "Ducati red" frame on the newer BMW F 800 gs's. Ah-Ho has had a black carbon wrap put over his red frame

11800556_417656165102316_2655870122221507666_n.jpg

BMW F 800 GS wheel rims

Before we left on a 12,000 km ride from Chiang Mai, Thailand to Russia, I'd read things about the F 800 GS' rims being prone to damage. Being a road tour I didnt think it was an issue. In Laos on R 3 west of Luang Nam Tha there are some nasty potholes, I dinged my front rim badly there with 11,000 km still to go. It got several other dings in China, the rear rim was damaged too.

gs rim by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Excel rims - front and rear set are around 36,000 bht ordered in Thailand, having them laced on will be pretty cheap here. I would advise any tourers with this bike to change their rims.

For those who like to try before they buy...

BMW F800GS FOR RENT

เริ่มให้บริการแล้วนะครับหลังจากรอคอยกันมานาน รถเช่า BMW F800GS (รถใหม่) 3,900 บาทต่อวัน ขั้นต่ำ 2 วัน วันที่ 6 ลดเหลือ 2,500 บาท ราคานี้รวมประกันแต่ไม่รวมอุปกรณ์เสริมครับ

เงื่อนไขการเช่า
1. มัดจำ 30,000 บาท+ค่าเช่า+ค่าอุปกรณ์เสริม(ถ้ามี)
**ชำระผ่านบัตรเครดิตในนามผู้เช่าเท่านั้น**
2.เอกสารประกอบการเช่า
-ใบขับขี่จักรยานยนต์อายุไม่น้อยกว่า 1 ปี
-บัตรประชาชนหรือPassport
-หลักฐานการผ่านการอบรมขับขี่ Bigbike
3.อนุญาตให้ขับขี่ภายในประเทศไทยเท่านั้น

หมายเหตุ
**อุปกรณ์เสริม**
-GPS 200บาท/วัน
-ปี๊บข้างBMW 200บาท/คู่/วัน

BMW F800GS for rent
3,900 baht per day minimum 2 days and 2,500 baht per day after 5 days rent with 30,000 baht deposit. Price including full coverage insurance but excluding accessories. Pick the bike in Bangkok or as per request. For more information please call or email.

ฝากแนะนำด้วยนะครับ ขอบคุณมากๆๆ สนใจ
095-597-4917 อาร์ต (Art)
086-514-9165 โอ๋ (Oh)
art_580@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom