WTB Trials Motorcycle

AlexUSA

Bikes
XR280R, Dash 125 (supercup) , DT125
Anyone have tips or know of a used trials bike for someone new to trials riding? For messing around on the mountain around Chiang Mai and training for enduro.

I think I can get into a bike (Honda TLM200) for around 25,000 but could spend more if I need to. Would rather start with something simple and cheap: 2-stroke with more relaxed ergos, tank size, etc. if possible. I've been told it's the rider not the bike that's the limiting factor in trials.

I would think twice about that purchase!

At 25,000 baht expect to have to replace heaps of stuff, in particular suspension bearings, linkage bearings, pads.

Trials bikes generally have a hard life and are given little in the way of service (is anything in Thailand) so a TLM that is 25? years old will likely be a world of trouble.

Brakes on the TLM are shite (drums front and rear) and in a sport where brakes are everything that's not good.

If you can can something more modern, Beta, Scorpa, Sherpa, with better suspension and disc brakes you'll have much more fun.

Seriously even for just 25,000 I would avoid this bike. I've had two trials bikes from this era.

Alex I saw this ad...

Are you looking for an off road trials dirt bike. Contact Sean. 085 705 2507. Many different bikes in prime condition. 1997 Beta......65,000 , TLM 260.....39,000 and more
https://picasaweb.google.com/1116916038 ... 2/20110817

DSC06058_resize.JPG

Nice find Alex,
Wish they would sell Beta enduro bikes here in Thailand...

Yeah but trials bikes are not to go far, they are to clamber around.

Have to say I would love one (but then I tend to want 'one of each' when it comes to bikes) had one when I was a young un, and it is a totally different control skillset. Was never very good at it mind.

Appreciate the leads. Gone this weekend but will start looking next week.

Only have one short ride under my belt but haven't found any one to borrow a bike from yet and trying to stick to a first-bike budget if possible.

Hoping to use a trials bike for some post-work late afternoon rides and training for enduros and the occasional endurocross stage we get.

Saw a group of 3 farang riders on trial bikes today up on top of Doi Pui.
Made me want one as well.

Back
Top Bottom