We Made It To Long Cheng ... Minus The Dog!

Rob7711

Bikes
BMW GSA 1200, Goldwing GL1800, HD FLHR Road King, CRF250L, BMW C650GT, Ktm690ER, Ktm350Excf
On 16/11/2015 the 3 of us from Malaysia, Sam Jamaluddin, Shaharin Wan and myself, rode onto the holy grail site of PDR Laos ... Long Cheng aka Long Tieng aka The Most Secret Place On Earth aka Lima Site 20 Alternate aka LS20A. We were on a dirtbike ride covering the South HCM trails and finally making our way to Xaysamboun from the east across the mountains and then onwards to Long Cheng.

The mandatory "Been There .. Done That" pic.

Looking down the runway of LS20A towards the karst outcrops.

The forlorn looking Wat with Skyline Ridge in the background.

Yours truly taking it all in.

:clapping: Congratulations guys hope you enjoyed the ride, but what happened to the dog ?????

After having read the book The Ravens over 2 years ago; Long Cheng was one place that I just had to try to get to and visit. The excitement upon riding onto the valley and seeing that airstrip and then that familiar karst outcrops ... they were surreal. This place has such history and then you find yourself smack in the middle of that runway ... such a feeling of awe.

And the dog? Well someone said that every man including his dog will want to come to this place ever since news of some bikers having managed to do it over a year ago. I just had to clarify that my dog didn't make it ... . Cheers!

Congrats Rob & what a great bike to get there on.

After having read the book The Ravens over 2 years ago; Long Cheng was one place that I just had to try to get to and visit. The excitement upon riding onto the valley and seeing that airstrip and then that familiar karst outcrops ... they were surreal. This place has such history and then you find yourself smack in the middle of that runway ... such a feeling of awe.

And the dog? Well someone said that every man including his dog will want to come to this place ever since news of some bikers having managed to do it over a year ago. I just had to clarify that my dog didn't make it ... . Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom