Visiting Wat Analayo plus a couple of other places in that neighbourhood

Mistah7

Bikes
KLX250 Yamaha XJ650
Me and wife took a trip to Phayao to visit some special temples in the mountains on the other side of the lake.

Wat Analayo is not a small place. We were there for almost 3 hours and I am not sure we covered everything. There is so much to see and I was surprised that we were almost alone there. We saw 6 other people in this time. This was a Wednesday now in August, maybe more people in weekends and in tourist season.

Here a map with the places we visited. We didn't see half of all places there so we will be back.

Pic-1.JPG

So here are some photos from Wat Analayo.

Wat Analayo-1.JPG
Wat Analayo-2.JPG
Wat Analayo-5.JPG
Wat Analayo-6.JPG
Wat Analayo-7.JPG
Wat Analayo-9.JPG
Wat Analayo-10.JPG
Wat Analayo-14.JPG
Wat Analayo-15.JPG
Wat Analayo-16.JPG
Wat Analayo-20.JPG
Wat Analayo-28.JPG
Wat Analayo-32.JPG
Wat Analayo-36.JPG
Wat Analayo-37.JPG

After Wat Analayo we went to Wat Piya Sombat Kul.

Wat Piya Sombat Kul-1.JPG
Wat Piya Sombat Kul-2.JPG
Wat Piya Sombat Kul-3.JPG
Wat Piya Sombat Kul-7.JPG

And next place was Wat Phra Kaew.

Wat Phra Kaew-1.JPG
Wat Phra Kaew-2.JPG
Wat Phra Kaew-3.JPG

And the we came to Phutthakhaya Pagoda and here are some photos:

Phutthakhaya Pagoda-2.JPG

Phutthakhaya Pagoda-3.JPG
Phutthakhaya Pagoda-5.JPG

Now it was time for finding a place to stay over night. We found a very good place in town, in Trok Prasat Alley, just beside Kwan Phayao Villa . Link: Google Maps (We did not stay in K P Villa, they wanted 1200 baht for a room)

We paid 500 baht for a nice clean room, AC, good TV. The lady had cold beer and took 55 baht for Chang and 60 baht for Leo. In the morning we had coffee and toasts and that was included in the price.

Phayao is a nice place and we took a walk along the lake. Lots of restaurants to choose from.

All together a very nice trip and we will be back.

Wat Phra Kaew-4.JPG

NIce Pictures Mr Sven, you do indeed have a reason to return you missed the circular Chinese shrine, Wihan Chaomae Kuan-Im Yok Khao, always amazes me how few visitors the site gets.

I hope the rest of the complex remains unscathed, it is a beautiful area. I am sure during this period of isolation many of us may realise what beauty we have all around us.

Back
Top Bottom