Video Collection from Rudi's Off-road trips

Haven't posted in a while, anyway here's the last one we did a couple of days ago, hope you enjoy

Last edited:
Haven't ridden in this area for quiet some time good to be back, Mae Malai and Mae Taeng still has some very good tracks:dirtbike:

Awesome trails at the beginning, welcome back Rudi, missed the music albeit brief :DD

It’s been a long time since I posted last, so here’s the latest episode, featuring Schrauberklaus and many others in action…have fun

I don't speak German, but at 0:06 in the video, I hear "Oh, Shizer"... I know what THAT means!

Those were some amazing trails! The dropoff on the left at 7:30... oh shit....err.... Shizer...

Nice and quiet out there. Nary an oxcart, bicycle or pedestrian to be seen!

Welcome back Rudi, miss the music though :RE

What happened to Klaus? Havnt had a chance to talk to him yet.

On the backflip from the try to get up that little hill out of the mudhole nothing except a broken windshield and mirrow.
But the second crash bruise some rips and i guess bend the shifting claw inside the engine , making downshifts very difficult .
Had to bail out from that reason early .

On the backflip from the try to get up that little hill out of the mudhole nothing except a broken windshield and mirrow.
But the second crash bruise some rips and i guess bend the shifting claw inside the engine , making downshifts very difficult .
Had to bail out from that reason early .

Good to ride with you, even it was just a short time, shame you missed Buddha footprint, some stunning views there:ride:

So this time back with music. Great ride lead by 58 year old Erich, who rides like hell and knows a bunch of cool tracks. This one is Mae Rim area and a good fun single track with some technical sections. After the heavy rain on friday and saturday, we had a very cool und cloudy day with a lot of slippery terrain. Burin came from Phayao. He's a serious rider now, after practicing a lot and knows all the tricks. I for myself had to struggle a little riding the 250, but having that magic buttom is also an aspect. Getting older, don't want to kick no more...555, so far so good, the rest of the guys are local riders with some cool stories

Haven't posted in a while, here's the latest offroad craze. An amazing loop, with very technical sections. Not more than 40 km but, Boy was I knackered after this trip. The two riders on KTM and Husqvarna super fit and fun to ride with. My old buddy Erich lacking a little bit of stamina this year, but still doing very ok for his age. Still trying to make cool music to fit into the Video, a very hard task, hope you like it anyway. Cheers and have a great day all of you out there. Be cool :-)

Nice to have you back Rudi, thanks for posting your videos

Always great to watch & listen to your videos Rudi, another brilliant watch :)

a pretty gnarly ride today, after the first section two riders quit due to exhaustion, we continued until about 4pm until we ran out of stamina, this was for sure a very hard and long trip, not so many Kilometers but intense

Gnarly, yep i think you got that right. Especially like the heavy breathing Rudi :D

Vertical parking!

The motto seems to be "If it ain't going, give it some horn!"

Steamin' Rudi, thanks for sharing ;)

Vertical parking!

The motto seems to be "If it ain't going, give it some horn!"

Steamin' Rudi, thanks for sharing ;)
Yeah Ally right on, what a day, Erich just jumped the small gap, I was too late and couldn't brake, so tried to jump but didn't have the momentum anymore, but at least some great footage...555

Tried out some other camera angles, the boot camera worked surprisingly good in not so technical terrain, after that it became a little shaky, the rear fender view is ok too, as long as the follower is close enough (maybe I should ride slower next time...hehe), as for the music I decided some steady beat to keep things going with the footage, great days out riding, the 277 kit on my XR250 is a great improvement over stock, hope it will last

Keep me posted how the 277 goes Rudi, thinking about the same sort of thing
for my Baja

Keep me posted how the 277 goes Rudi, thinking about the same sort of thing
for my Baja

Hey Bob, so far very pleased with it, the Mikuni Pumper is a disappointment, it all comes down to jetting, and the XR250L is a bitch to work on, you can hardly reach the air mixture screw, to adjust the idle circuit, but that's another story. I managed to dial in the PD carburetor from the XR250R with 45/132, the bike runs like a beast, next time I will take the temperature dip stick with me, for the kind of riding I do, an oil cooler would probably be a good thing. Just be aware that with 77mm kit the barrel becomes very thin and only allows for one more overbore after that you might need to install a new sleeve. The good thing is there is plenty of XR250 cylinder jugs on ebay for little money if you want to keep the original untouched. I didn't want to wait so I went straight ahead and bored mine to spec. Hope this helps :-)

Crazy, crazy!!! What a day at the office. 120 km of only Hard Core Enduro riding with some very talented riders. Unbelievable good speed over those technical bits too. Half way I was running out of power already, but kept going to the very end. The last 10 km I could barely hold onto my handle bars. Wished I just could let go - fall down and land on a bed of soft clouds...555. For sure one epic ride, that will fill an extra page in my diary of Enduro Madness... today no music, just too tired...take care

You sure find some interesting trails Rudi, you guys are animals.

Looks like an Epic ride for sure... Cool to see a couple street legal Honda's following two KTM endure race bikes in the knarly stuff :). Well done...

I had the pleasure of riding with Neil and Adrian great riders and guys. It was a good incentive for me to loss 15 pound :)

Would love to meet up on a ride someday soon.

Jim

Looks like an Epic ride for sure... Cool to see a couple street legal Honda's following two KTM endure race bikes in the knarly stuff :). Well done...

I had the pleasure of riding with Neil and Adrian great riders and guys. It was a good incentive for me to loss 15 pound :)

Would love to meet up on a ride someday soon.

Jim

Hi Jim, we are riding tomorrow, leaving Mae Rim at 10 am PT gas station the one passed X-centre Friday the first, if this reaches you, you're welcome to join :-)

Hi Jim, we are riding tomorrow, leaving Mae Rim at 10 am PT gas station the one passed X-centre Friday the first, if this reaches you, you're welcome to join :-)

Hi Rudy, appreciate the invitation but unfortunately I'm out of the country working until the 14th. Hopefully I can hook up with you guys after returning from work.

Happy trails
Jim

and here's another blast :-), today we were quiet a few, which adds a lot to the fun. Good effort everyone.

Good to see Darryl out riding with you guy's, looks like fun.

PS nice to have the overdub back :-)

Great day out with the lads. Fantastic weather too. I broke my Clutch lever in the first section towards Samoeng. Luckily I found a shop with exactly my lever for 120 Baht. So I extended the craze and moved forward another 10 km after have Coffee in Samoeng. Than we went straight onto the Enduro Single Trail from a previous race. Nice and fast and very dusty. Finally we arrived at the river section, what a track. Giant boulders and heavy rocks put a lot of stress on riders and bikes alike. My front fork was already covered in Oil and one of the seals was shot, making the suspension unpredictable. After that I started having problems with the Mikuni Pumper Carb, some kind of fuel starvation and the bike stalling all the time....not fun. At one little climb over a root the bike stalled again and I flipped over and the bike got stuck between the trees. I had some bruises on my belly and some knee sprain. Nevertheless we kept going until we were to go back to Chiang Mai. At that point one of us hit straight home and the rest of us decided to do the river section one more time. After that I was clinical dead already, but just kept going like a Zombie...555

Snapshot 926.png
Snapshot 917.png
Snapshot 916.png
Snapshot 909.png
Snapshot 900.png

Nice find with the clutch lever Rudi, at a bargin price too.

Where did you get the sound track for the last video? Its cool
Hi Captain Ray, this is my own music I make in my home studio here in Chiang Mai, thanks that you like it. Will try to upload it to reverbnation.com so you can stream it :giggle:

Last ride I cracked my rear rim jumping a gap, as Erich is soon leaving, didn't have time to change the rim. So I tried out his second CRF250L, the heavy monster as they say. To my surprise it performed very well and executed every obstacle I threw at it with no issues. Only problem was the road tyre over the rocks. Stupid me honestly believed it would be o.k. On a very steep section I slithered down and had no chance at all. Was this the end? No, actually nothing happened and we had a great laugh. Our Swiss Counterpart abandoned us already before the waterfall section. So we had to rely on our Austrian-German Team for now. By now I was knackered and the weight from the CRF got heavier every minute. My dear Austrian Friend assured me there would be no more obstacles, but to my very surprise there was more and more, would would have guessed...555:p:p:ROFLMAO:. In a nice little pothole it got a little hit to my wrist, which didn't help to improve my overall condition. So burned down to Ground Zero and a nice little injury at the wrist and now the hill climb with almost no traction with the road tyre plus my weight...plus plus plus.... The water level of my Drinking Bladder was beyond low and every time I tried to take a sip I got nothing but a vacuum. 45 Degree Celsius, no water a perfect condition to train your body....lucky there was a small water pool that I immersed myself into and catch some cool from the water. After that we had to do a few more kilometers along a foot patch around the hill....another day in the bush under extreme conditions

Just got back from a dirt trip in Laos, know what you mean about water, even with a bladder we started stopping every 30 km or so to take in more fluids, bloody hot this year !!!

Just got back from a dirt trip in Laos, know what you mean about water, even with a bladder we started stopping every 30 km or so to take in more fluids, bloody hot this year !!!
yes indeed, water intake is a must under those conditions, now I will always fill up my 3 litre Bladder to the top, every time a stop, better...555

What a ride! Great weather, a little cloudy not too hot. After the first section my heart was beating like a drum to the rhythm of the jungle. Damn is it slippery today. The new Quick rear tire doesn't do the trick, even with low air pressure almost no traction. Never mind the show must go on, so we worked our way up the partly dried out riverbed/waterfall. So much fun and such a hard work-out. My mate on the 2-stroke KTM had less trouble then me for most of the time. Ground clearance and instant power are a big bonus over the old XR250 technology. The new forks I had put on my XR250 from the CRF250L model work just fine, but could just be a tad softer for my liking. Overall I am very happy with this swap, it gave me an extra 3 inch height, which was greatly appreciated. The second stage was to do the Akrapovic Trail. It got it's name from Erich losing his muffler there. And again very slippy over the rocks. Out of a sudden my back pain kicked in without warning and I was forced to slow down by quiet some margin. Every damn rock felled like it was traveling up on my spine. Crazy....I was happy about an hour later to have completed this task without too much effort. Didn't take anymore risks and pushed the bike down if the situation was too crazy. Now it is 4 days later and I still feel my back. Just ordered an Ohlins Shock from France I hope this will help me with my back in the long run. Thanks for watching. Sorry today no music. Drive safe!

Back
Top Bottom