Trail Riding in Lamphun

Matt

Bikes
KTM300
Derek and Scott, who often join the NOB rides, asked me if I would like to go riding around Lamphun with one of their Thai relatives (Mr A). Sounded like a plan so we made the arrangements and went yesterday (Friday).

We met in Lamphun at 10:00 and after getting changed at A's house were on the road before 11:00. A has an XR250 and rides it really well. You really don't need more than this to have fun in the trails around Thailand. Two other guys joined the ride from the start, one on another XR250 and another on a XL250R.

The trails started off around a lake, near the horse village, and were very open and had great surface - none of that horrible red clay! It wasn't long before we stopped for a quick break and the whiskey came out - this was an indicator of how the day would go. We were soon into lovely flowing single track with the surface being a mix of sand and gravel, great to ride as the slides are very progressive and easy to control. The video below explains it a lot better than I can.

We stopped for lunch just before 13:00, noodle soup and, yes, more whiskey! Another two guys turned up for the afternoon ride, both on Honda 250's. One was completely camo as the guy who rides it owns a sticker making business - it looked pretty cool. We rode more single track to a small pool in a mountain stream. Everyone chilled out in the pool for 30 minutes or so, and... drank some more whiskey. We then had two options for the return leg, the 'easy way', or the 'hard way'. Three guys took the easy route and five of us elected for the 'hard way'. My battery went flat in my Go Pro at this stage so I didn't get any footage of this. The 'hard way' was harder than normal as they had closed the gates on the dam and the water had flooded the trails meaning we had to take an even harder route. We made it no problem, but it was a bit tiring.

After this we chilled out by the lake, had some food and some... whiskey.

Great day out - thanks for dragging me along!

The Bikes
DSC00056.jpg

The Ride
[video=youtube_share;sReRQqMdxRE]http://youtu.be/sReRQqMdxRE[/video]

The trails look real fun. Hats off to Derek and A for putting together a great ride for you.

Back
Top Bottom