Thailand Enduro Championship Round 4 : 1-2 Sept. in Chiang Rai

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
Last weekend was round 4 of the Thai Enduro Championship.

In this round there were 3 stages on Saturday and 3 on Sunday.

We were lucky with the weather, it didn't rain a single drop over the 2 days (could have made the course pretty nasty).

Day 1

Saturday started with a 9km very fast trail. It took me 5min20 sec and most of it in 5th gear pinned at top speed. Big fright when hitting muddy rutts at over 100km/h! Fastest time was at 4min58 which is very impressive.

After the fast paced trail we entered a enduro mixed with MX track (the new 2.9km Top North MX track with some extra bush riding). 10 Laps of the 5km trail was pretty long! I had a crash at high speed when the trail entered the MX track there was a little bump in the grass I didn't see and it kicked me over and the bike cartwheeled. I hurt my wrist but finished the stage.

moi.jpg
me after the crash

moi2.jpg
me after the crash

kris.jpg
Kritsada, the fastest rider overall on his new YZF250

manoch.jpg
Manoch, second fastest and 1st in the open cat on his CRF450R

Next stage was a night stage:
night.jpg
Some riders were well equipped with loads of extra light on the bike and helmet.

At the end of day one I was very happy with a 2nd place in the open cat (5th overall).

Day 2

My wrist was hurting more and more after in the evening so I couldn't ride on Sunday and had to forfeit :(

Sunday was a enduro-cross test. 5 laps, then 5 laps reverse, then 3 laps MX style (position based with everyone starting together).

ktm.jpg
50% of all the KTM had mechanical issues and didn't finish the race (though there were only 2 ktm)...

Nice course, great for bigger bikes, with some real effort put in:
tubes.jpg

tires.jpg

but not so easy for the smaller bikes...
supercuptires.JPG
a lot of chaos in the tires section for the small bikes

supercup.JPG
If you have never seen them riding, you would be impressed how fast they can go with a little scooter based engine and frame.

My crazy friend bird finished 2nd in the supercup open, riding on a flat back tire, a broken gearbox (could only ride in 3rd gear!) and no airbox for the last 7 laps :
bird.JPG

Back
Top Bottom