NIM Thailand Enduro Championship round 2

MastaMax

Bikes
19 ktm 300tpi 6 days / 15 Yamaha YZ250F / 08 Husky 450SMR / 13 ER6N / 13 KTM 300XCW(sold)
Last weekend was the 2nd round of the Thailand enduro championship. Around 60 riders came for the 2 days race with groups coming from as far as Phuket and about 100 bikes for the Sunday only race.

Race was held in Mae Krachan (????????? or is it ?????????), and consisted of 4 stages on Saturday and 3 stages on Sunday (there were supposed to be more but they dropped 1 or 2 stages because of the heavy rains from last week.

Alex and myself went racing in the production bikes novice category and our thai friends went in the supercup bikes category.

Day one was more open/flowing trails, Alex ended 6th at the end of day one, and myself 4th.

Day two had one single/double track stage in the morning, followed by 2 hard enduro stages (following deep slippery rivers, rock fields, some mud, drop offs...).

Unluckily for Alex he got water in the engine during the 2nd stage of day 2 and his bike wouldn't start.

At the end of the 2 days three of us were on the podium:

Ton, always smiling... Can't explain how helpful and friendly this man is. First in the "family open" class (I think it means the stock bikes with max displ. of 125cc 4stroke):
579476_236415239796284_100002834286426_390667_1669673062_n.jpg

Bird, very talented, he never practices and always wins (somehow he got second, at the last minute there was a change in the times...) in the underbone class:
582312_236415729796235_100002834286426_390669_1131356597_n.jpg

Myself, 2nd in production bike novice:
Untitled-1.jpg

Will post some pictures/video of the race when I get them.

That's a FANTASTIC result Max, congratulations!!

All those hours of practice have paid off - you'll be giving Rossi a run for his money fairly soon.

Great stuff Max, all those mornings up last man standing paying off!! good to see mate, i think this deserves a good celebratory booze up!

Way to go Max, good stuff. How many minutes was your race? Who was the dude who finished 1st place?

KMA said:
Way to go Max, good stuff. How many minutes was your race? Who was the dude who finished 1st place?

Race had 4 stages on Saturday, about 50km in total and 3 on Sunday, shorter but harder (they dropped 2 stages because of the rains from the week before).

First guy, don't know how to translate his name ??????????? ("Settak?") was far ahead of me, his time was much faster than the open class winner, who was Manot (???????).

Bird--> I thought that caption was about the hot chick in the blue and white dress on the far left! Nice, way to go in finishing 4th.

MastaMax said:
KMA said:

Race had 4 stages on Saturday, about 50km in total and 3 on Sunday, shorter but harder (they dropped 2 stages because of the rains from the week before).

First guy, don't know how to translate his name ??????????? ("Settak?") was far ahead of me, his time was much faster than the open class winner, who was Manot (???????).
Do they 50+ masters category for old guys like me?

KMA said:
Do they 50+ masters category for old guys like me?

There is a 40+ class for you:

4.5 ????????? ED3 SENIOR (???? 40 ????????)RMX,YZ,YZF,WR,CR,CRF, ??MX ??????
XR,BAJA,ZERO,KLX,D-TRACKER

Back
Top Bottom