Sorry to bring some sad news - Captain Slash

Ally

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
Last evening I became aware that Colin had suffered a stroke and was taken to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital - Sripat Building (thats the large building at the front) 9th Floor Stroke Unit (out of the lift turn left) - Direct line 053 936 671

Visiting time closes at 19:00

I visited Colin this afternoon and was able to talk with him. He was able to respond to my conversation and understood many things I spoke about. He smiled & grimaced when I spoke about hospital staff, the prospect of hospital food & asking where he parked his bike. But sadly Colin is only currently able to partially respond.

Colin appears to have lost the right side due to the stroke. Colin's brother in the UK is in touch with the hospital.

Apart from that, I have no wish to add further information here.

Let us hope Colin is able to pull through this and be up on his feet again as soon as possible.

marcusb

Bikes
ER6N, ninja 250 klx 250 ritchey olmo santa cr
Thanks Ally. Hope all goes well.

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
Thank you Ally, please extend my best wishes for a fast recovery to Colin.

Muzz666

Bikes
Punch Maxi Turbo
Ally,

Do you have any update on Colin? I was going down to the hospital this morning, but given the red light by the Bat out of hell and her mates as with my recent complictions etc.... Say no more, will tell Colin when I see him when he has been discharged. Was his op a success or I guess unknown yet.

M

The Bigfella

Bikes
KTM 950SER & EXC, BMW R90S & Dakar, MZ250, BSA B33, Norton 16H, Honda - 500 Fs & X, DRZs, XLs XRs CRFs CT110s etc
We've been posting updates to Facebook.

We're seeing improvements every day, but a long way to go still - his speech has improved to an understandable (with difficulty) level.

I'll pass on your message Muzz. There was no operation done possibly because it took days to locate his insurance papers. The hospital would not operate without them.

Muzz666

Bikes
Punch Maxi Turbo
We've been posting updates to Facebook.

We're seeing improvements every day, but a long way to go still - his speech has improved to an understandable (with difficulty) level.

I'll pass on your message Muzz. There was no operation done possibly because it took days to locate his insurance papers. The hospital would not operate without them.
Thank you Sir, I am srill in the recovery stages of Pneumonia. My X wife “ The Bat out of Hell” doesn’t want me in the Ciity yet. I’m sure Colin will understand.. Pete him know the coffee are on him when he is better and we cam meet up again.....😂😂😂😂👍🍻

The Bigfella

Bikes
KTM 950SER & EXC, BMW R90S & Dakar, MZ250, BSA B33, Norton 16H, Honda - 500 Fs & X, DRZs, XLs XRs CRFs CT110s etc
Hell no - the coffees are on me. We've even convinced Colin to drink them.

The Bigfella

Bikes
Some more improvements. Full update on the Ulysses Club Thailand FB page

galoubet

Bikes
BMW R1150R, BMW R1200C
Thanks for the info about Colin. I became worried when his ride reports suddenly ceased and half imagined he'd been a victim of some mad Thai driver. I never considered a stroke. I wrote to him a few days ago asking if he was ok but (of course) didn't get a reply which made me even more concerned. A stroke is not ideal but it sounds like he's making a slow recovery.

(Colin and I live in the same part of the UK and he's been to visit my place in Kanchanaburi several times. Last summer we met up for a coffee at the BMW bike dealer in Guildford - free coffee!)

Get well soon, Colin!

Attachments

The Bigfella

Bikes
Sleeping this morning when a couple of us took in some more supplies. I'll smuggle in some more French Fries and Onion Rings in a little while. Bad as that sounds, the nurses were most appreciative, because we finally got him eating.

galoubet

Bikes
BMW R1150R, BMW R1200C
Good to hear Colin is back to eating (albeit I suspect his usual wierd diet!). Please keep the updates coming on here as I don't have Facebook. It's good to know Colin has friends to visit and help him out. Please convey my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Roger

bsacbob

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Best wishes to him from Myanmar

The Bigfella

Bikes
Best wishes to him from Myanmar
I will pass them on for you.

Deere just got back from supporting 8 Czech riders over the last 12 days. First thing he said (after "yes" to a beer) was "Go see Colin". We're on our way there now.

Others are updating the Ulysses Club Thailand post on Colin too. Sorry for those who don't do FB... but if anyone has time to do cut and pastes, feel free

galoubet

Bikes
BMW R1150R, BMW R1200C
I had my friends in Kanchanaburi phone the hospital this morning and they report that Colin is doing fine and he should be leaving hospital soon. That's good news. Unfortunately the hospital wouldn't discuss details of his stroke but that's fairly understandable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Transalp General Discussion 27
Top Bottom